The ICRC Regional Delegation in Kuwait seeks to fill the following position for its Dubai Mission: Humanitarian Affairs and Partnership Officer. The position is based in Dubai with possible travel in the region.
Our successful candidate will have a proven track record in project design, management, and implementation, particularly in the humanitarian sector. A background in public relations or communication is of added value. They will have an ability to establish and maintain a network of internal and external contacts that will ensure a smooth and effective running of the department requirements. A pleasant, social, culture-sensitive and solution-oriented personality with the utmost respect of confidentiality is a definite must.
- Engages and manages relationships with UAE humanitarian entities both within selected government ministries and public/private sectors.
Analysis, strategy & reporting:
- Devise & adjust strategies with prevention objectives for interaction with key stakeholders
- On-going research and analysis of trends in UAE charity/humanitarian field, Islamic movements and related political situation relevant to ICRC while staying abreast of institutional strategies and policies
Events & positioning:
- A focal point for all events organized by and/or with the ICRC in the UAE and identification of key external events and conferences where communication and attendance are beneficial to the organization.
- Ensure compliance with relevant external legal requirements and internal ICRC policies
Engagement with Humanitarian actors and the Private sector (corporate, charities, foundations):
- Assists the Management in engaging relevant corporate actors, private foundations and exploring new ways of partnerships.
- For all activities under responsibility will ensure planning, the definition of objectives, sequencing, budgeting, and delivery of identified projects in support of set objectives of the mission.
- Any other duty required in support to other departments or to the mission.
Selection Requirements and Experience:
- University Degree in Media/PR or any related field
- Fluent in verbal and written communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- Knowledge of UAE charities’ landscape and local culture
- Ability to produce high-quality work with accuracy and attention to details
- Must treat all information with the utmost confidentiality
- Respects diversity and enjoys working in a multi-national, multi-ethnic environment
- Good time management skills, even under pressure
- Excellent report writing and computer skills
We offer a rewarding and enriching work opportunity in a humanitarian and international environment with initial training and on-boarding. Deadline for applications:17 July 2018.
Interested candidates, please apply here:
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for tests and interviews.