WHO ARE WE?
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) has been present in Lebanon since 1967 and has carried out its humanitarian work through different periods of conflict, including Lebanon's 15-year-long civil war from 1975–1990.
We are currently responding to the rapidly growing needs of displaced people fleeing war and violence across the region into Lebanon as well as the local communities hosting them.
Our activities on behalf of people affected by war and violence include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring people affected by conflict can get basic health care that meets universally recognized standards
- Building respect for the law
- Securing humane treatment and conditions of detainees
- Restoring economic security through assisting communities and individuals in covering their essential needs with dignity
- Providing access to basic services such as water and electricity
- Supporting the families of the missing persons in the search for their loved ones
We are based in Beirut and have offices in Tripoli, Tyr, and Zahlé.
PURPOSE OF THE FUNCTION
Mechanical Engineer (HVAC) to work in ICRC project at Rafik Hariri University Hospital (RHUH) Beirut.
The work consists of assessing, designing, tendering, and supervising mechanical works in the hospital.
- University degree (Mechanical engineering)
- 7-9 years' work experience in a similar field.
- Master degree
- Extensive knowledge of hospital engineering standards (Steam, Heating, HVAC, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of centralized HVAC systems
- Knowledge in Operation & Maintenance procedures (O&M)
- Ability to work independently
- Team leadership skills
- Good knowledge on project design, planning and management.
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English
- Very good computer skills including AutoCAD, MS project, spreadsheets, etc.
- Contributes to the implementation of a Water and Habitat programs, mainly related to health infrastructures: plans, organizes and monitors the implementation mainly independently.
- Executes a variety of tasks that require technical skills for the implementation of Water and Habitat programs, according to given instructions mainly independently.
- Maintains contacts with interlocutors/authorities at local level mainly independently.
- Supervises technical staff on-site
- In charge of written reporting for mechanical works.
- Contributes to the preparation of PfR and budget.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Working for one of the main humanitarian organization.
- Competitive employment package.
- Open ended contract
Please send your CV and cover letter to "email@example.com" before February 26th, 2017, and mention the position you are applying for in the subject. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted