The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) has been present in Lebanon since 1967 and has carried out its humanitarian work through different periods of conflict, including Lebanon’s 15-year-long civil war from 1975–1990. We are currently responding to the rapidly growing needs of displaced people fleeing war and violence across the region into Lebanon as well as the local communities hosting them.We are based in Beirut and have offices in Tripoli, Tyr and Zahle.
The ICRC in Lebanon is currently recruiting "A Psychiatrist".
Contract Type: Service Contract
Work base: Rafic Hariri University Hospital (RHUH)
Working Hours: 16 hours/ week (Monday to Thursday: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm)
Duration: 6 months (renewable)
The Psychiatrist reports in the field to the Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) project officer and at central level to the Mental Health Psycho-social support (MHPSS) delegate based in Beirut and the MHPSS advisor in Geneva. He/ she provides psychiatric care to patients in the community mental health center and ad hoc support to the hospitalized patients in the ICRC wards in Rafic Hariri University Hospital (RHUH) (no more than 15% of the psychiatrist time).
- Doctor specialized in Psychiatry
- Licensed Psychiatrist.
- Completed all necessary registration with the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) and LOP.
- 3 - 5 years’ work experience in a Mental Health Psycho-social support (MHPSS) field
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken Arabic and English. (French is a plus)
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Collect information concerning the patient medical and psychiatric history, and assess patients’ general physical condition, and refer when needed for a more in depth medical evaluation
- Conduct proper clinical interviews to determine the nature and extent of patients mental disorder, and suggest an appropriate treatment accordingly
- If needed provide psychopharmacological treatment, respect when prescribing, as much as possible, the list of Psychotropic and Neurological Medications For Prescription in Humanitarian Setting available at National Mental Health Programme (NMHP)/MOPH website.
- Follow up on the treatment evaluating the response to medication and the possible side effects. Modify the treatment accordingly
- Discharge patient from the program and refer him for the continuity of his treatment when stabilization is done.
- Participate to technical meeting with the rest of the multidisciplinary team of the mental health community center
- Attend regular meetings, working sessions, and training organized by ICRC or NMHP/MOPH in line with the national strategy for mental health.
- Actively contributes to building a MH community center in RHUH in close collaboration with RHUH staff, MDM, NMHP/MOPH and ICRC team members.
- Is responsible to maintain a clear and updated data collection and submit the monthly reports at the end of every month to CMHT project officer and ICRC
Deadline to apply: August 8, 2017
Starting date: as soon as possible
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, and mention “Psychiatrist” in the subject of your e-mail. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.