The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) delegation in Cairo is recruiting a Translator
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organization. It runs a Regional Communication Centre in Cairo that works in close cooperation with its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland, and with 17 offices in the Middle East and Africa.
The translator is part of a 4-member team in Cairo and works closely with colleagues in ICRC delegations in the Middle East, some in Arabic-speaking Africa, and at our headquarters in Geneva.
- Translation: S/he translates from English into Arabic and vice-versa a range of texts related to the ICRC (web texts, publications, film scripts, photo captions, statements, letters, and more), in compliance with agreed deadlines, ensuring high quality and taking into account the glossary of ICRC terminology.
- Proofreading: Upon request, the translator proofreads Arabic-language publications prior to print.
- Terminology: In coordination with the head of the department, s/he contributes to the collective efforts in updating, standardizing and sharing ICRC and other terminology of relevance to translation work.
- Native Arabic-speaker mastering written and spoken Arabic, fluent in spoken and written English. French is an asset;
- University degree in translation or professional diploma;
- 3-5 years or more work experience as a translator. Interpretation skills an asset;
- Experience with a humanitarian organization an asset;
- Knowledge of International Humanitarian Law and other legal fields an asset;
- Very good research skills;
- Very good computer skills, including knowledge of computer-assisted translation tools;
- Organized, autonomous, team player, shows flexibility, able to work under pressure and respect tight deadlines.
Start of work: As soon as possible.
Please submit your application (CV and letter of motivation) not later than 24 July 2018 to https://www.bayt.com/en/egypt/jobs/translator-3814503/.
Only complete applications matching the required selection criteria will be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.