The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Cairo is looking for suitable candidates to fill "Economic Security Officer" vacancy
The Economic Security Officer plans, implements and monitors the ICRC’s economic security (EcoSec) program in line with the country strategy, and under the supervision and guidance of their hierarchical superior.
Start date: July 2018
- Participates actively in all the phases of the EcoSec projects: designing, planning, distribution, monitoring and impact evaluation, in accordance with the Standard Operational Procedures
- Participates in setting up, implementation and monitoring of the assistance programs
- Contributes to analyzing the socioeconomic environment as it relates to the ICRC.
- Analyses strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT analysis) to identify possible response options.
- Contributes to identifying response options based on an analysis of EcoSec core components (food consumption/production, living conditions, income support and capacity-building).
- Contributes to designing and implementing assistance programs, which could be a voucher, fair, food/cash-for-work, cash transfer and microeconomic initiative programmes.
- Cooperates with the Egyptian Red Crescent (ERC) to organize assessments and implement, monitor and evaluate the EcoSec Programs
- University degree in a related field.
- Good command (spoken and written) of English;
- 3–5 years’ experience in a similar field of activity in Egypt.
Please submit your application (letter of motivation and CV) no later than 31 July 2018. To:
Only complete applications matching the required selection criteria will be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.