Job vacancy: Legal Advisor
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Delegation in Israel and the Occupied Territories (IL/OT), is recruiting a talented, energetic, and engaged candidate for the following position:
Legal Adviser 2
Place of Employment : Tel Aviv
Contract duration : 1 Year contract, renewable (including 3 months' probational
Occupation rate : 100%
Job Grade : B3
Starting Date : September 2022
Under the supervision of the Operational Legal Coordinator, Legal Adviser 2 research, analyses and advises the ICRC IL/OT delegation on international humanitarian law (IHL), international human rights law (IHRL), Israeli law/jurisprudence issues, and conducts related legal work. S/he initiates, formulates, and implements strategies to address identified issues and delegation objectives/priorities in the legal domain, especially related to the ICRC Protection of the Civilian Population related activities.
Education & professional experience:
- University degree in law.
- Mater's degree of specialization in a discipline of public International law, including IHL of IHRL.
- Admitted to the bar
- Excellent command of English and Hebrew.
- Excellent writing skills in both English and Hebrew, including legal drafting skills.
- Proficient computer literacy.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in similar fields of activities.
Desired profile and skills:
- Capacity to work well with others, to demonstrate team spirit and to foster a conducive environment.
- Ability to create and maintain positive, professional working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Excellent analytical and planning skills.
- Ability to travel to the field regularly.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment.
- Commitment to the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement.
- The ability to multi-task while concurrently manage multiple priorities.
- Flexible, creative, resourceful, and comfortable taking initiative.
- Strong sense of confidentiality.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants must submit an introduction letter and a resume, in English, no later than September 15th.
2022 to email@example.com indicating in the subject line:
Legal Adviser 2_Application_ Your name
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.