The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, independent and impartial organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC directs and coordinates the international relief activities conducted by the Red Cross and Crescent Movement in situations of armed conflict. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening international humanitarian law (IHL) and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Regional Delegation for the UK and Ireland maintains its offices at the British Red Cross (BRC) headquarters in London. The objective of the ICRC Delegation in London is to represent the ICRC to the UK and Irish authorities and the National Societies in both countries. This includes developing and ensuring ongoing relations with key stakeholders, including government departments, the legislatures, the armed forces, the diverse range of humanitarian actors based in the both countries and the media. ICRC London oversees its office in Belfast that pursues its operational objectives in Northern Ireland.
Overall purpose of the post
The Personal Assistant and Information Management Officer provides support to the Head of Delegation, administrative support to the Management Team; and ensures that the Delegation information management (IM) is carried out according to ICRC standards and procedures.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates the work of the Delegation through administrative support to the Head of Delegation and Deputy Head of Delegation
- Manages the calendar of the Head of Delegation, organizes internal and external appointments and meetings
- Takes minutes of certain internal and external meetings. Tracks and follows up on decisions, action points and deadlines
- Manages and ensures that the contacts database is up to date
- Drafts correspondence
- Manages the programmes and briefing files for ICRC VIP visitors to London.
- Creates, shares and files documents for the management
Information Management Officer
- Holds responsibility for the implementation of all information management projects and programmes
- Is the reference point for ICRC protocol, rules for correspondence, document security, filing and archiving, how to use standard computer technology. Ensures that all users understand the need for and apply ICRC related policy and procedures
- Implements policies/guidelines/directives from the Archives and Information Management Department
- Sets and revises information management procedures in the London and Belfast offices
- Draws up procedures to govern the transfer of information between sites
- Ensures that all electronic documents sent to the team's public e-mail box and all paper documents received are shared with concerned staff members
- Organizes, supervises and manages the use of a range of collaborative IT tools and databases
- Oversees the technical process of the annual Planning for Results and quarterly Monitoring for Results
- Acts as access manager and account manager for various databases
- Organizes regular training or information sessions on information management tools and processes as well as rules regarding correspondence and protocol
- Keeps his-her knowledge and skills up to date on standard computer technology (e-mail, information-sharing, records-management, intranet, etc.); self-trains and adapts as needed to support changes; pass on knowledge (training, sending tips, etc.); has regular interactions with colleagues in ICT to help resolve issues and ensures staff know who to contact if they have a problem
- Acts as site records manager (SRM), supervising and training users in order to ensure respect of record management procedures
- University degree or equivalent work experience in a similar position
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; a good understanding of French is a distinct advantage
- Excellent computer skills. Experience and a keen interest in using collaboration tools/platforms (e.g. SharePoint, Lotus Notes, Databases)
- Previous work with the Red Cross Movement is a distinct advantage
We are seeking someone who has:
- strong interpersonal skills with a proven ability to work closely with senior level staff (internally and externally)
- a demonstrated capacity to analyse and synthesize complex information in user friendly written notes and detailed minutes
- has rigour, excellent time-keeping, attention to details and organisational skills, being able to fix and respect priorities
- shows flexibility, patience, diplomacy, perseverance, a service-oriented approach and resistance to the pressure inherent in "multi-tasking"
- is a real team player who will willingly carry out tasks from time to time that are not in the job description
- understands how to handle sensitive information with all required confidentiality
Application process and job length
- All applicants must confirm they have the right to work permanently in the United Kingdom
- Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Official working hours: 09:00 to 17:00 Monday to Friday
Start date: ASAP
Please forward your CV (no longer than two pages) together with a separate Word, Cover Letter in support of your application, including salary expectations, to the Head of Finance & HR at: London@icrc.org and on the Subject Line of your email, please enter: Personal Assistant & Information Management Officer.
Closing date for applications will be midnight on 23rd September 2018. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview shortly thereafter.