If you are a Linux Ecosystem expert, we have an opportunity for you. The International Committee of the Red Cross is looking for a Linux Engineer based in Belgrade to work in our ICT division.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. We take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law.
Our ICT division works together with our Shared Services Center in Belgrade to design, implement and support ICRC employees and operations worldwide. As a Linux Engineer, you will be responsible for implementing, developing and maintaining Linux operating systems and the needed tools to manage containers.
Within the Systems platform team, you will ensure the consistency and evolution of the elements of Linux Ecosystem and containers ecosystem. You will provide support to the platform manager and ensure a 360° communication with collaborators and project teams.
Your tasks and responsibilties:
- Contribute to the strategy, design and implementation of Linux Ecosystem management, containers management and administration models
- Help bring innovative solutions to meet different needs and ensure the evolution and optimization of the tools used for Linux and containers ecosystem management and administration
- Ensure the containers service quality, productivity and security
- Maintain and optimize Kubernetes services
- Contribute to implementing IT solutions based on containers
- Adapt tools and processes for new project needs as well as existing documentation for operational requirements
- Integrate new Linux features and services: testing and documentation of new services, implementation support for operational teams
- Share best practices on the use of containers as well as transfer knowledge and support operations teams
- Anticipate needs, identify and solve problems, and provide orientation on the technologies used in the Linux Ecosystem
- Monitor the Linux Ecosystem environment according to guidelines
- Identify and anticipate problems related to Linux and containers field
- Resolve related problems and participate in other problems resolution when expertise is needed
- Respond in a timely manner to customer requests, through ticketing systems, TFS application or direct requests
- Ensure the third level support of Linux environment
- Participate in Systems platform related projects, with respect to duties and timeline defined
- Design second-level systems, provide support and documentation on them, and train second-level support teams on their use
- Contribute to the technology strategy and Systems platform strategies and evolution
- Ensure a good collaboration with Systems teams and all other ICT teams involved in IAM fields
- Participate in handling external resources for an individual project
- Information Technology Engineer degree with minimum 5 years in the implementation of Linux-based services
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Red Hat Linux OS and related management tools: Satellite, Cockpit, Ansible
- Demonstrated experience with Linux deployment and configuration tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, GIT) and VMware (vRealize Automation & Orchestrator)
- Extensive knowledge of Ansible
- Experience in implementing and operating full stack solutions based on technologies such as OpenShift, ECS, Docker, Bamboo, Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of continuous integration tools (TFS, Jenkins, Sonar) and related processes
- Solid technical understanding of cloud architectures (Azure, AWS)
- Expertise in Windows environments and Microsoft Active Directory (AD, DNS, DFS, ADFS)
- Good knowledge of virtualization technologies
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (written and spoken), French is an asset
- Knowledge of project processes and associated quality rules, as well as operating constraints
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with the ability to coordinate players across different teams (internal and external), with no direct reporting relationship
What we Offer:
- Work and dynamic professional development in an exciting international environment with training packages
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package with health insurance
- An open-ended contract with the possibility of partial homeworking
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org (specify position name at your email title).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.