The Medical Field Officer contributes to the overall implementation of the ICRC Health Program within a multidisciplinary team for his/her area of responsibility (Basilan and Sulu) and provides additional support in Maguindanao and Lanao Del Sur. He/she will build and expand his/her network with relevant interlocutors: Health Authorities at Regional, Provincial and local level, Philippine Red Cross and other NGOs. Participates in the analysis of the context focusing on access to health and medical care of the civilian population.
• Responsible for the follow-up of weapon-wounded patients in relation to the armed-conflict and ensures access to medical care
• Provides regular and ad-hoc support to hospitals and RHUs and monitors their utilization
• Organizes First Aid Trainings to population identified by ICRC
• Identifies patients with disabilities and refers them to the Davao Jubilee Foundation
• Participates in health assessments in a multidisciplinary team
A successful candidate will have:
• A university degree in the health sector or equivalent (nursing, medicine)
• At least 4 years practical experience in the medical field
• Good knowledge and understanding of public health and local health services and systems
• Experience as a first aid trainer
• Fluency in written and spoken English, Tagalog, Yakan and Tausug. Fluency in Maranao and Maguindanaon dialects would be an asset.
• Good organizational skills
• Good analytical skills
• Good communication skills
A successful candidate may have:
• Experience in working with the administration of health and medical structures in the Philippines
• Good interpersonal skills and a good network of contacts
• Awareness and respect of professional and institutional ethics, particularly with respect to confidentiality
• Residency either in Basilan or Sulu
THE ICRC OFFERS
• A meaningful career within an international humanitarian setup
• Competitive compensation package
• Opportunities for continued learning and development
Closing date of application: 26 January 2018
Duration of contract: Open-ended
Qualified applicants are requested to send their comprehensive resume, cover letter to email@example.com with subject line: SURNAME First name – DAV Medical Field Officer (cover letter, resume).
Office Address: 2/F Tavera Business Center, J. Camus Ext. corner Araullo Sts., Davao City 8000
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. A valid NBI clearance must be submitted once shortlisted.
To learn more about the ICRC in the Philippines, please visit our website www.icrc.org/ph and follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/ICRCph.