The Medical Field Officer contributes to the overall implementation of the ICRC Health Program within a multidisciplinary team for his/her area of responsibility, especially in Lanao del Sur and Maguindanao.
He/she will build and expand his/her network with relevant interlocutors: Health Authorities at Regional, Provincial and local level, Philippine Red Cross and other NGOs. He/She also participates in the analysis of the context focusing on access to health and medical care of the civilian population.
- Responsible for the follow-up of weapon-wounded patients in relation to the armed-conflict and ensures access to medical care
- Provides regular and ad-hoc support to hospitals and RHUs and monitors their utilization
- Organizes First Aid Trainings to population identified by ICRC
- Identifies patients with disabilities and refers them to the Davao Jubilee Foundation
- Participates in health assessments in a multidisciplinary team
A successful candidate will have:
- A university degree in the health sector or equivalent (nursing, medicine)
- At least 4 years practical experience in the medical field
- Good knowledge and understanding of public health and local health services and systems
- Experience as a first aid trainer
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Tagalog, Maranao and Maguindanaon.
- Good organizational skills
- Good analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work under stressful conditions while maintaining patience, perseverance, self-confidence
A successful candidate may have:
- Experience in working with the administration of health and medical structures in the Philippines
- Good interpersonal skills and a good network of contacts
- Awareness andrespect of professional and institutional ethics, particularly with respect to confidentiality
- Flexibility to work several weeks in the field and to travel to different areas
- Good knowledge of Lanao del Sur and Maguindanao Provinces(an asset)
THE ICRC OFFERS:
- A meaningful career within an international humanitarian setup
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunities for continued learning and development
Closing date of application: 19 January 2018
Duration of contract: Open-ended
Contract Start: As soon as possible
Qualified applicants are requested to send their comprehensive resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: SURNAME First name – COT Medical Field Officer (cover letter, resume).
Office Address: 16 R Garcia Street, Cotabato City, Philippines
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. A valid NBI clearance must be submitted once shortlisted.
To learn more about the ICRC in the Philippines, please visit our website www.icrc.org/ph and follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/ICRCph.