(Lebanese nationals only)
WHO ARE WE?
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC has a permanent mandate under International Law to take impartial action for prisoners, the wounded and sick, and civilians affected by conflict.
The ICRC's main delegation in Lebanon is based in Beirut, and has three sub-delegations in Tripoli, Tyr and Zahle.
PURPOSE OF THE FUNCTION
Under the responsibility of the Missing delegate, with the technical support of the Regional MHPSS Advisor, and in accordance with the relevant institutional frameworks and good practices, the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Officer assesses the MHPSS needs of the families living in Lebanon, who have no information on the fate or whereabouts of their family members disappeared in Syria, (including Syrians as well as other nationals) in relation to the present situation (and since 2011).
- Masters' degree in clinical psychology
- More than 5 years' work experience in a similar field
- Very good knowledge about evaluation methods
- Good rigor, method and analytical skills
- Very good communication skills
- Good knowledge of Lebanon's health system, as well as of the geographically assigned environment
- Native command of Arabic, fluent command of English
- Good computer and reporting skills
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- MHPSS needs assessment process with victims of conflict (with families of missing people an asset)
- Experience in designing and facilitating focus group discussions
- Psychological and counselling support of individuals and/or groups experiencing stress, emotional and psychological related problems (including post-traumatic)
- Positive-constructive promotion of resilience and well-being
- Familiar with humanitarian and/or emergency operations including conflict
- Red Cross and Red Crescent experience is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- Working for one of the main humanitarian organization.
- Competitive employment package.
- 6months Contract
Please send your CV and cover letter to the below e-mail before October 22nd, 2018, and mention the position you are applying for in the subject. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.