The ICRC's main delegation in Lebanon is based in Beirut, and has three sub-delegations in Tripoli, Tyr and Zahle.
PURPOSE OF THE FUNCTION
The Regional Mental Health and Psychosocial Specialist ensures coherent implementation of the Health Strategy at regional level, with the objective of improving the ICRC's performance in responding to the needs of people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence.
-S/he also provides guidance, training and technical support in his/her area of expertise to delegations within the region, including through field visits (and operational reinforcement of teams when required).
-S/he supports the implementation of Regional Strategic Frameworks when relevant.
-S/he actively contributes to institutional technical files as required.
• 3 to 5 years of MHPSS field experience implementing and supervising MHPSS programs in different geographical contexts and cultures.3-5 years professional experience working with community projects or mobilizing communities.
• Minimum 2 years' experience in a coordination and/or management role of MHPSS programs
• Proven practical experience in managing and delivering the different components of ICRC's MHPSS programs: support to families of missing persons, victims of violence (sexual violence), help the helpers, weapon wounded and physically disabled.
• Experience on MHPSS response to detainees a strong asset.
• Experience on evidence based MHPSS practices (monitoring and evaluation tools) required.
• Proven analytical and people skills as well as training and coaching skills.
• Excellent representational skills.
• Able to travel extensively within the Region at least 40% of the time.
• Degree in Medicine. Specialist in Psychiatry
• Further studies on MHPSS issues relevant to ICRC programs: support to families of missing persons, victims of violence (sexual violence), help the helpers, weapon wounded and physically disabled, detainees, victims of torture and ill-treatment.
• Proven technical knowledge on both Mental Health and Psychosocial approaches.
• Fluent English required. Arabic a strong asset.
• In coordination with the MHPSS Program Coordinator and in collaboration with the NAME Head of Sector at the Health Unit, helps align field operations with ICRC strategic directions.
• Supports the implementation of Regional Strategic Frameworks
• Works in coordination with other Regionals as relevant.
• Conducts regional needs assessments and analysis within area of expertise, makes proposals based on results-in collaboration with Health Coordinators (or Protection coordinators when applicable) and the MHPSS Program Coordinator-
• Provides technical advice to the different delegations within the region when required (regular support and field visits)
• Coordinates, supports and/or delivers training in area of expertise at regional and national levels to internal and external staff.
• Develops and maintains regional networks aimed at strengthening ICRC's capacity building and operational outcomes
• Represents the ICRC in regional discussion and training fora.
• Contributes to the annual planning and budgeting exercise in liaison with Health Coordinators (or Protection coordinators when applicable) and the MHPSS Program Coordinator.
• Contributes to developing and adapting institutional policies, guidelines and protocols, and assists in the field deployment of such tools as required.
• Supports Health Coordinators (or Protection coordinators when applicable) in appraising field staff on technical aspects within his/her area of expertise.
• Is available to be deployed as a first-line responder in acute crises -in liaison with the MHPSS Program Coordinator and the NAME Head of Sector
• Ensures institutional policies, guidelines and protocols are adhered to in the MHPSS programs in the region.
• Continuously monitors quality of MHPSS programs in the region, following data collection processes
• Produces a quarterly Regional MHPSS report, outlining activities, describing challenges and how these have been addressed (this report is based on the quarterly reports from each delegation and on the field visits reports of the Regional field visits)
WHAT WE OFFER
• Working for one of the main humanitarian organization.
• Competitive employment package.
• 12 months contract
Please send your CV and cover letter to the below e-mail before May 31st, 2018,
and mention the position you are applying for in the subject. Only short-listed candidates
will be contacted.