The Messenger facilitates communication within and between departments. S/he helps a department run smoothly by carrying our organizational / secretarial tasks and supporting assistants and other staff.
- Organizes minor transactions on behalf of the delegation for banks, suppliers, government agencies, embassies, etc.
- Follows up on circulation or distribution of documents that are not circulated electronically, etc.
- Runs errands (purchases, queries to State administrations, etc.)
- Performs minor repairs and maintenance in ICRC premises
- Participates in the installation and regular checks of security items, in coordination with the Premises Maintenance Agent
- Provide assistance in relocation and office changes and office housekeeping, when needed
- Observes internal security rules and national traffic laws if called upon to drive ICRC motorcycle when performing tasks
A successful candidate will have:
- At least one year experience as liaison officer or in a related field
- High school diploma
- Basic command of spoken and written English
- Professional driver’s license
As an advantage, a successful candidate will have:
- Familiarity with processing of visas and engaging with the Department of Foreign Affairs
- Technical skills certification
- A meaningful career within an international humanitarian setup
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunities for continued learning and development
Closing date of application: 11 June 2018*
Duration of contract: Open-ended
Start date: As soon as possible
*Due to urgency of the position, the applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and position may be filled even before the application deadline.
Qualified applicants are requested to send their comprehensive resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: SURNAME First name – Messenger.
Office Address: 5/F Erechem Bldg., Salcedo corner VA Rufino Streets, Legaspi Village, Makati City
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. A valid NBI clearance must be submitted once shortlisted.
To learn more about the ICRC in the Philippines, please visit our website www.icrc.org/ph and follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/ICRCph.