Psychologist (Based in Tripoli, Lebanon)
In collaboration with, and under the direct supervision of the Health Delegate and technical supervision of the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) Delegate, the Field Officer contributes technically to the implementation of MHPSS activities in line with the ICRC MHPSS framework through direct support, training, supervising and coaching others.
- 2-5 years clinical experience using evidence-based approaches.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to use a biopsychosocial model of care.
- Ability to work independently.
- Team work skills and ability to collaborate with others.
- Beneficiary and client-focused.
- Cultural sensitivity.
- Previous experience in Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) programmes.
- Good knowledge of the assigned geographical area.
- Knowledge and experience in community-based mental health.
- Experience delivering training and education sessions.
- Red Cross/Red Crescent experience.
- Experience working in a health setting.
- Experience working in humanitarian settings.
- Training and supervision skills.
- Developing and facilitating group and family support.
- Experience in conducting needs assessment, data collection and analysis.
- Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology.
- License from Ministry of Public Health to practice in Lebanon.
- Fluent English and Arabic.
- Implements MHPSS activities directly through individual consultations, family and/or group support meetings.
- Assists to conduct needs assessments and multidisciplinary filed visits.
- Develops and maintains contacts with health authorities, academia, technical advisers from other organizations, etc. throughout the assessment and implementation phase of the project.
- Identifies gaps in competencies of health facility staff related to basic MHPSS knowledge and skills in identification, handling and referral of patients with MHPSS needs.
- Identifies relevant health staff able to be trained to provide basic psychological support.
- Develops a contextually relevant MHPSS capacity building package for health facility staff in line with programmes strategy and ICRC framework.
- Facilitates/implements information, sensitization and training MHPSS sessions for health facility staff or other entities as required.
- Develops and implements a programme of regular follow-up and support for all capacity building activities.
- Recruits a team of community focal points from target population to deliver community level awareness raising activities.
- Develops and facilitates a training programme to community focal points to enable them to deliver sensitization, psychoeducation and community mobilisation activities.
- Develops and implements a programme of regular supervision, support and refresher training to the community focal point team.
- Develops detailed MHPSS referral pathway in AoR(Area of Responsibility) and creates links and partnerships with other internal and external service providers as per identified needs (EcoSec, Protection, Health (Hospital, etc...).
- Assists to develop, enhance, monitor and maintain culturally and context-appropriate data collection, monitoring and reporting tools/procedures.
WE OFFER :
- Working for one of the main humanitarian organizations.
- Competitive employment package.
- 12 Months contract.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please send in English language your CV and cover letter to “email@example.com” and mention “Psychologist” in the subject of the e-mail.
- Application closing date: 30 June 2019
- Starting date: ASAP
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted