Regional Migration Adviser for Europe and Central Asia (EURASIA)
The role of the Regional Migration Adviser (RMA) for Europe and Central Asia (EURASIA) is to strengthen coordination and coherence of the ICRC approach on migration issues in the region. She/he contributes to the strategic orientations in the field of migration for EURASIA and supports and advises the ICRC operational and policy engagement on migration, in line with the priorities set for in the regional strategic framework. RMA contributes to develop the understanding of humanitarian concerns and the analysis of regional trends and dynamics. S/he is the first point of reference for several ICRC delegations on migration issues in the region.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Supports the work of ICRC delegations and the region in analysing migration trends, including humanitarian needs, challenges, and policy developments in the region, and contributes to the global analysis.
- Participates to reinforcing ICRC evidence-based policy and diplomacy efforts in the field of normative and legislative frameworks on migration, notably toward the European Union and other regional institutions, as well as advising delegations on bilateral migration policy dialogues in the region.
- Contributes to the ICRC regional strategic framework and proposes strategic orientations, as well as drafts and/or revises the regional strategy, as relevant.
- Supports the definition and implementation of activities carried out by the delegations in line with ICRC regional and global orientations and strategies on migration.
- Supports the drafting of ICRC external reports, position papers, policy documents, speeches and speaking notes on migration for EURASIA.
- Contributes to representing and positioning the ICRC in relevant regional fora – in coordination with the region and delegations concerned – and maintains contact with Brussels based International Organisations and other humanitarian actors in the field of migration.
- Participates to International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement regional fora and networks in the field of migration, and ensures – in coordination with the region and delegations concerned – support to National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in the implementation of migration-related activities in EURASIA, in particular with respect to ICRC areas of expertise.
- Acts as a resource person within the region on migration, supporting and advising colleagues in the region through formal or informal trainings on migration-related aspects of their work.
- Certifications /Education required
- Master Degree preferably in Law, political science, international relations or related fields.
- Fluent in English and French. Russian is an asset
- Professional Experience required
- Strong working experience with the ICRC and/or other humanitarian actors (min. 8 years), including minimum 3-4 years with the ICRC preferably in operational contexts and policy.
- Excellent analytical, communication, representation and reporting skills.
- Confirmed knowledge in the field of migration in Europe.
- Confirmed knowledge of the European Union institutions and the Council of Europe.
- Confirmed knowledge of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
Application in writing by latest 20 July 2018, to include a covering letter and a CV, plus further information at:email@example.com (reference: names + application for Regional Migration Adviser)
Location: Brussels (with up to 40% travel)
Starting date: asap
Contract: resident contract (grade C1) – full time - as per Belgian work legislation and social security scheme