The ICRC is looking to recruit a Reporting Officer (Generalist Field Officer) for its Regional Delegation in Kuala Lumpur. The Reporting Officer contributes to defining, implementing and monitoring ICRC projects and activities (depending on the context: general management, protection, assistance, cooperation, communication or others) in coordination with the structure's management, and to representing the ICRC at local/national level.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Contributes to the strategic orientation of the delegation. Leads & facilitates group discussions/meetings on topics, trends or themes to produce summarized collective analysis.
- Coordinates the preparation of high-level visits from HQ/other countries with relevant units and participates in drafting of briefing files/programmes and subsequent reports of the visits for the Head of Regional Delegation/relevant HQ units
- Consolidates and analyses data on program implementation and indicators to facilitate the preparation of regular or ad hoc reports, such as Monthly Operational Reports, Planning & Budgeting.
- Prepares presentations on specific topics for external audiences in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Liaises with Heads of Departments & Management on the preparation of reports and analysis relevant to the work of the ICRC in Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore.
- Produces thematic reports (internal/external) as per request of the Management.
- Monitors relevant reports of international/local organizations and produces regular updates. Is appraised of the main humanitarian priorities & concerns in the country and in Asia Pacific region.
- Supports the Head of Regional Delegation in humanitarian diplomacy.
- Assist Communications department in public communication efforts as & when required.
- Coordinates the planning and monitoring process of the delegation through supervision of the planning and budgeting tool ensuring guidelines related to the process are followed and relevant data is included and checked.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced University degree in Journalism, Law, International Relations, Economics, Business
- Administration/Management, Social Sciences or related fields.
- 5 years of work experience in a similar field of activity.
- Proficiency in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- Proven excellent drafting skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia is a must.
- Experience with modern communication tools and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, VK, etc.).
- Good computer knowledge.
- Excellent communication abilities with strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- very strong analytical and synthesis skills
- A national contract with a competitive compensation and social package.
- A challenging job in a learning organisation with development opportunities.
- The opportunity to be part of an internationally renowned humanitarian organisation.
HOW TO APPLY
- This position is open only to Malaysian nationals.
- Closing Date: 21 November 2019
- Please send the following documents in English Language to the ICRC Kuala Lumpur via emailto Shamiela, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Motivational Letter
- Resume/CV with passport size picture on CV, current and expected salary, details and contact number of three referees
- Copies of educational and employment certificates
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for tests and interviews.