The Senior Executive Officer contributes significantly to defining, coordinating, facilitating, and monitoring ICRC institutional and delegation projects and activities at the level of executive management.
S/he works closely with the management team (Head of Delegation and Deputy Heads of Delegation) and Geneva Headquarters’ departments to advance the development and implementation of these files. The job holder will provide high level executive support to the management team across a wide range of thematic and programmatic areas, including representing the ICRC at national, regional and international levels.
- Provides executive support to the delegation’s management team
- Manages specific institutional and delegation projects and files as delegated to him/her by the Head of Delegation / management team, facilitates special and cross-cutting / ad-hoc projects involving different departments, independently
- Serves as focal point or resource person as required
- Leads strategic initiatives and follows-up institutional and delegation priorities, in behalf of the management team
- Represents the management in working groups, task forces, or meetings (internally and externally) and drafts reports
A successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 10 years’ work experience in emergency, humanitarian, or development work, with at least 5 years of these in a middle to senior management role
- Ability to demonstrate excellent project management skills, ideally across a broad range of programmatic and thematic areas
- Capacity to deliver quality outputs and results with minimal supervision and guidance
- Good communication and writing skills
As an asset, a successful candidate may have:
- Knowledge or experience in conflict affected areas
- Knowledge or experience in Muslim Mindanao
THE ICRC OFFERS
- A meaningful career within an international humanitarian setup
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunities for continued learning and development
Closing date of application: 24 June 2019
Duration of contract: Open-ended
Contract Start: As soon as possible
*Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until position is successfully filled. Recruitment may close before deadline of applications.
Qualified applicants are requested to send their comprehensive resume, cover letter to email@example.com with subject line: SURNAME First name – MAN Senior Executive Officer (cover letter, resume).
Office Address: 5/F Erechem Bldg., Salcedo corner VA Rufino Streets, Legaspi Village, Makati City
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. A valid NBI clearance must be submitted once shortlisted.
To learn more about the ICRC in the Philippines, please visit our website and follow us on Facebook.