The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation with the exclusively humanitarian mission to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening International Humanitarian Law and universal humanitarian principles.
The Senior Medical Purchaser manages procurement of technical products for Logistics Support Centre (LSC), in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Anticipates the needs together with the Medical Planner and Customer Service Desk (CSD);
- Helps Med Planner and CSD to determine the stock levels, based on lead times, source and availability,
- Receives Orders from Med Planner and CSD, analyzes them, and communicates with the requester for further details if needed;
- Maintains a proactive relation with the requesters through Med Planner and CSD;
- Determines relevant specifications per product, advises requester through Med Planner and CSD on specifications and quality issues/differences and seeks clarifications if needed;
- Prepares Request for Tender (RFT) and Request for Quotation (RFQ), using detailed Item Specifications, to achieve the right quality for goods to be purchased;
- Selects and evaluates suppliers with the Head of Purchasing and Pharmacists;
- Negotiates with suppliers, terms and conditions on purchasing;
- Ensures that best prices for quality are obtained free of tax and provides relevant exemption certificates to supplier if necessary, in conjunction with Finance Department;
- Manages purchasing contracts until goods/services are delivered by the supplier;
- With the quality controller, ensures that all conditions agreed in the contract have been met in terms of quality and quantity control, ensures that quality and specifications of delivered goods/services are in conformity with the contract;
- Conducts market survey to keep abreast of market developments and availability of goods and services, evaluates and recommends potential new sources of supply for inclusion in the procurement database;
- Manages and supports staff under their supervision by coaching and mentoring them.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Degree in Purchasing/Supply Chain Management or Degree in Pharmacy, Nursing or Biomedical Engineering,
- 5 years' work experience in purchasing and supply of Medical and Veterinary supplies,
- Previous working experience with International Organizations, hospital or medical logistics service providers,
- Good knowledge of national and international laws/regulations on drugs and medical devices,
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical market, good product/purchase knowledge,
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (Knowledge of French is an asset),
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Databases) and fluent internet user,
- Strong negotiation and communication skills,
- Team leadership and analytical skills,
- Certificate of good conduct,
- Must be a Kenyan Citizen.
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before 02nd November 2021 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Logistics Support Centre, HR Department via:
- E-mail: email@example.com
The reference Senior Medical Purchaser must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required Degree & other supporting documents, your application will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. If the candidate is asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
In processing your personal data for recruitment purposes, we follow the information notice as explained HERE.