Who are we?
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) delegation in the Republic of the Union of Myanmar is an independent, impartial and neutral humanitarian organization whose exclusive mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. The ICRC undertakes humanitarian activities in various regions of the country and promotes international humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
About the Job
The ICRC Communication Department is looking for a Social Media Officer to be based in its Yangon office. In close cooperation with the supervisor and the Communication Department in Yangon but also the team in the different ICRC offices in Myanmar, the Social Media Officer will mainly be responsible for implementing the ICRC Social Media strategy, create content, tools and activities promoting the work of the ICRC in Myanmar. Furthermore, the Social Media Officer will connect the ICRC with relevant audiences through digital content and new media channels.
Start date: as soon as possible
Duties and Responsibilities
- You will contribute to the implementation and monitoring of communication strategies and programs as well as manage social media platforms used by the ICRC.
- You will produce and supervise the production of digital communication products.
- You will conduct the monitoring and analysis of public sources, in particular mainstream and social media, on issues of interest for ICRC operations in Myanmar.
- You will assist the Communication Coordinator in the running of communication activities and contributes to the organization of presentations, trainings and other events.
- In your responsibility, you will present and explain to targeted communities and beneficiaries, the ICRC mandate, principles and activities in Myanmar.
- You will train and coach colleagues on content production for digital media purposes.
To be successful as the Social Media Officer in the Communication Department, you should possess the following qualifications and have the following characteristics:
- It is required to have a university degree in a relevant discipline.
- You should have at least 4 years' work experience in a relevant field, preferable as community manager.
- Your communication skills should be excellent and you should be fluent in written and spoken English as well as Myanmar language. The knowledge of local dialects spoken in Myanmar is a definite asset.
- Previous ICRC experience or experiences in a humanitarian organization is also a strong asset.
We expect you to have the ability to work with different groups, partners and nationalities. You should also be self-motivated with enough initiative and strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles. You should be flexible, enthusiastic and have the willingness to learn from others. You should also be able to work independently, as well as effectively under supervision. You should feel confident in managing projects and coordinating with various partners and counterparts. You should have the proven ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and cope with competing demands under tight deadlines. You should be able to exercise discretion and have the ability to establish and maintain good working relations in a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment.
The position will be based in Yangon with frequent travel to other ICRC offices in the country as directed. You should be willing to relocate to Yangon. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply, irrespective of ethnicity, race, gender, disability or age.
What we offer
We offer an employment contract of 12 months with the possibility of extension. We offer a fair compensation package including, for example, medical coverage and transportation allowances. Furthermore, we provide various training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of the services provided to our beneficiaries as well as to support our staff members' professional and personal development.
Need further information?
For more information about the position, you are most welcome to contact our HR Assistant – Recruitment & Selection, Ei Ei Nyein, at email@example.com. For general information about the ICRC, please consult www.icrc.org.
Yes? Then apply!
Please submit your application in one email not exceeding 5MB via email to:
Your application should include an updated CV and a cover letter expressing your motivation working with the ICRC and in the vacant position, both in English language. Your application should include relevant certificates and contact details of three professional referees minimum, as well as your salary expectations.
*Please indicate the Reference Number COM_YAN_2017001 in the email subject.
You can also submit your application via mail to:
ICRC - Human Resources Department
No.2(C)-5, Kaba Aye Pagoda Road
8th Mile, Mayangone Township
Please send your application no later than 13 August 2017. Interviews are expected to take place within 2 weeks days after the application closing date. Due to the urgency of the position, the ICRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.