The Technical Worker performs basic technical tasks under the supervision of the Premises Manager. He is responsible for all the maintenance and repair work in the ICRC office and residences which includes light troubleshooting for a variety of appliances and fixtures using the necessary tools, as well as indoor and outdoor work and sometimes lifting of heavy materials.
- Conducts repairs and maintenance in ICRC premises
- Implements change of office set-up and organization
- Performs carpentry, painting, plumbing, and electrical duties within frame of knowledge
- Accompanies external maintenance service providers working within ICRC premises
- Purchases small maintenance-related materials
- Monitors maintenance supplies and properly replenishes them
- Participates in the periodic inventory activity of ICRC premises
- Ensures that all residences’ passive security items (ex. anti-blast film, fire blanket, etc.) are in good working condition
- Reports all visible and probable maintenance problems to the line manager
- Performs office-related errands, if needed
A successful candidate will have:
- Experience in building and office technical works
- Knowledge and experience in electrical, plumbing, and carpentry skills
- At least 5 years doing technical works
- High school diploma
- Basic command of spoken and written English
- Minimum of 5 years professional driver’s license
As an asset, a successful candidate may have:
- Technical course or vocational diploma
THE ICRC OFFERS
- A meaningful career within an international humanitarian setup
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunities for continued learning and development
Closing date of application: 4 June 2019
Duration of contract: Open-ended
Contract Start: As soon as possible
*Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until position is successfully filled. Recruitment may close before deadline of applications.
Qualified applicants are requested to send their comprehensive resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: SURNAME First name – MAN Technical Worker (cover letter, resume).
Office Address: 5/F Erechem Bldg., Salcedo corner VA Rufino Streets, Legaspi Village, Makati City
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. A valid NBI clearance must be submitted once shortlisted.
To learn more about the ICRC in the Philippines, please visit our website and follow us on Facebook.