The role of the Trainer is to implement learning and development programmes according to set objectives for the Delegation and contributes to creating and delivery of learning programmes to meet the strategic objectives of the Institution, delegation, teams, and individuals.
- Facilitate mandatory institutional training such as but not limited to Code of Conduct (CoC), Security Awareness and Field Experience, ICRC's Management Programme, Effective Presentation Techniques, Personal efficiency, etc.,
- Organize and assess the effectiveness of specific training/learning programs.
- In coordination and cooperation with the HR team, Delegation and Sub-Delegations, conduct Training Needs Analysis (TNA) to adapt existing training or develop an ad hoc response to the identified training needs.
- Report and document results and impact of training including quarterly reporting requirements.
- Represents LnD unit, in general meetings, the annual LnD training relays meeting, regional & global trainers' meetings
- Contributes to the drafting of Planning for Results (PfR) and budgeting for training programs.
- Participate in drafting the yearly plan for institutional mandatory training & delegation training needs.
- Provides support to learners and presents different modules of the mandatory training courses, often online across the region.
- Explains the functioning of the online learning platforms & helps participants who face difficulties in completing the online requirements.
- In collaboration with the delegation management teams, ensures that participants working in remote structures benefit from similar support as those working in the main delegation.
- Assesses & evaluates external training services availability in South Sudan according to the training needs.
- Contributes to the contracting & evaluation of external training services providers
- Provides support throughout the year on all aspects of performance management.
- Participates in the annual trainers meeting and possibly, training of trainers' course (ToT) necessary for the achievement of the objectives of the trainer's function.
- Supports staff and managers in learning and development conversations and learning interventions.
- University degree or equivalent higher education degree in HR, Education or Social Sciences, business administration, or management.
- A Postgraduate or master's degree in a relevant subject would be an asset.
- Good command of English and Juba Arabic is essential and classical Arabic would be an advantage, other languages of South Sudan would be an asset.
- Experience working in the humanitarian sector is an asset but not essential
- Computer literate with proficiency in MS office tools is required as well as the ability to adapt and effectively use online learning platforms
- 5+ years experience in training design and delivery at an HQ and remote sites.
- Must be proficient and at ease with online learning tools and approaches Good understanding and experience in Adult Learning & people management is required.
- Experience working in the humanitarian sector is an asset but not essential Team player, proactive, collaborative, and practical with the ability to consider strategic implications.
- Applicants are requested to apply online via https://www.southsudanjob.com. Please ensure to provide all the required data in the online application page or your application is considered invalid.
- All applications must be submitted until Monday, 3rd October 2022 to the attention of the HR Manager.
- The position is open to South Sudanese Only. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- ICRC does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, or any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination.
- All selected candidates will be subject to rigorous reference and background checks.
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants especially women and persons with disabilities.