The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral, and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
The ICRC Delegation in Israel and the Occupied Territories (IL/OT), is recruiting a talented, energetic, and engaged candidate for the following position:
Generalist Field Officer 2
- Place of Employment : Tel Aviv
- Contract duration : 1 Year contract, renewable (including 3 months' probational Period)
- Occupation rate : 100%
- Job Grade : B2
- Starting Date : 1 January 2023
Under the supervision of the Head of Office Tel-Aviv, the Generalist Field Officer 2 contributes to defining, implementing and monitoring ICRC projects and activities – including field work, protection, assistance, cooperation and communication. S/he supports the delegation's sub-structure as a liaison in representing the ICRC in front of a network of Israeli contacts, including Israeli armed and security forces. S/he contributes to implementing the operational partnership between the ICRC and the Israeli Magen David Adom (MDA) and works closely with MDA field and headquarter staff members.
Education & professional experience:
• University degree in relevant field (e.g., political science, social sciences, law).
• Excellent command of English and Hebrew.
• Proficient computer literacy.
• Minimum of 2-3 years' relevant work experience.
• Solid knowledge and/or experience with the Israeli military and security structures is essential.
• Experiences with MDA and/or International Red Cross Movement is an asset.
• Willingness to extensively travel in Israel and parts of the West-Bank.
Desired profile and skills:
• Capacity to work well with others, to demonstrate team spirit and to foster a conducive environment.
• Ability to create and maintain positive, professional working relationships with a wide range of people.
• Excellent analytical and planning skills.
• Ability to travel to the field regularly.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience working in a cross-cultural environment.
• Commitment to the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement.
• The ability to multi-task while concurrently manage multiple priorities.
• Flexible, creative, resourceful, and comfortable taking initiative.
• Strong sense of confidentiality.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit an introduction letter and a resume in English, no later than 30 October 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject line:
Generalist Field Officer 2_Application_ Your name
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted