The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC Regional Delegation for Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay and Uruguay, based in Brasilia, is looking for a qualified candidate to work in the post of Donor Acquisition and Development Officer.
Purpose of daily activities:
The Donor Acquisition and Development Officer will fulfil a critical role in developing and implementing strategies to raise the level of contribution from individual donors in order to ensure the sustainability of the ICRC's private fundraising program in Brazil. In addition, this position will be responsible for exploring new opportunities for acquiring new individual donors through testing on new channels. The Donor Acquisition and Development Officer will collaboratively work with the Donor Retention and Relationship Coordinator to avoid overlapping activities and preserve the high level of donor satisfaction.
Your next team:
The Brasília Regional Delegation, covering Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay & Uruguay, works with six main operational priorities: the mitigation of humanitarian impacts of armed violence in general and securing access to public essential services for people living in violence affected areas. The accompaniment of missing persons and their families, as well as the promotion, creation and implementation of mechanisms and public policies dealing with the consequences of disappearances due to multiple circumstances. Migration, with a special focus on migrants and refugees from Venezuela, the conditions & fate of people deprived of their freedom, as well as support and advice to the detaining authorities, cooperation with the Movement and the promotion of international humanitarian law and human rights, when applicable.
Resource Mobilization Division (REM) works to position the ICRC as the "partner of choice" for donors and to generate a quality, flexible, diversified and sustainable income stream that will protect the independence of the ICRC's humanitarian action and its unique position as guardian of international humanitarian law.
• Develop and implement strategies to maintain and increase the level of donation from active regular donors;
• Develop and implement strategies to convert single donors into regular donors;
• Develop special appeal campaigns during emergencies;
• Develop donor development campaigns (upgrade, reactivation, conversion, among others);
• Work closely with the Donor Retention and Relationship Coordinator to ensure alignment and coordination of strategies and actions targeting donors;
• Work closely with colleagues of the ICRC private fundraising team in São Paulo on the creation of tailored content for new channels;
• Tests and roll-out campaigns on new channels to attract new donors, including Direct Response Television (DRTV), peer-to-peer fundraising, pro-bono media, among others;
• Support scoping, development, implementation and evaluation of new Individual Giving channels;
• Coordinate and monitor the work of the outsourced telemarketing operation to convert leads into regular donors;
• Provide accurate and timely reports and revenue forecasts.
• College degree and commensurate work experience;
• Experience working in the UN or a large NGO;
• Experience with high level of investments;
• Experience managing and prioritizing projects with multiple layers of deliverables;
• Aptitude for planning, budgeting, and time management;
• Outstanding communication skills (social, email and phone) and ease in working across hierarchies and departments;
• Enthusiasm to work collaboratively across departments at all levels of the organization (both internally and externally);
• Commitment to embrace our core values of building trust, accountability, communication, compassion, integrity, leadership and resiliency;
• Advanced level of oral and written Portuguese;
• Advanced level of oral and written English;
• Computer skills including basic data management;
• Excellent Excel skills;
• Ability to develop clear and objective reports using Power Point;
• Hold a work visa in Brazil or be a citizen of the Mercosur countries and associated countries.
Your attitude is everything:
• Solution-oriented problem solver;
• Ability to prioritize time and manage multiple projects;
• Willingness to learn;
• Ability to work with bold goals.
What we offer:
• The opportunity to join a humanitarian organization active in 100 countries, part of the largest humanitarian network in the world and the oldest;
• Create impact and influence through the work that the Resource Mobilization Support team develops in the Brasília Regional Delegation;
• Professional development and stimulating benefits package;
• A unique, global, remote and diverse team;
• You will work at the ICRC office in São Paulo, Brazil.
• Start date: 02/2021
• Workplace: São Paulo
• Exclusive dedication, 40 hours per week
• Fixed term contract: 1 year
Applicants must send Motivation Letter and Resume indicating Professional Salary Intention and Reference to the email address email@example.com, in the subject "(role) – Name and Last name (of the candidate)".
Application Deadline: 10/01/2021.