The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence.
Responsibilities of Programmer/Game Developer are to support the Virtual Reality Unit in the creation of computer generated audio-visual tools for internal and external training and education purposes. He/she will be required to work in a multidisciplinary and international internal team as well as external partners and contractors.
The Belgrade Shared Services Center is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position: Programmer/Game Developer
His/her responsibilities are to support the Virtual Reality Unit (Belgrade and Bangkok) in the creation of computer generated audio-visual tools for internal and external training and education purposes. He/she will be required to work in a multidisciplinary and international internal team as well as external partners and contractors.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 3 years' experience in the gaming industry
- 2 years' experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Internally, interacts within the Head of unit/department, Virtual Reality Manager, specialists and coordinators in charge of programs;
- Externally, might have to interacts with a network of local or regional interlocutors, such as authorities, armed carriers, civilian population, international organizations, Non-Governmental Organizations, etc.,
- Movement partners.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (as per role description)
- Work with 3D artists/animators to design Unreal Engine 4 projects,
- Design complex, realistic maps and levels in Unreal Engine 4,
- Integrate plugins into Unreal Engine 4,
- Assist in designing 3D assets/characters and their integration into Unreal Engine 4,
- Cooperate with programmers, 3D artists and animator in Thailand and abroad on various humanitarian projects,
- Reports to the Head of Virtual Reality Training Tools unit
- Deliver high quality work on schedule.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English to: email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.