As a Water and Habitat Engineer, you will design, implement, and manage project proposals that will help ensure access to potable water, sanitation and shelter facilities in communities affected by armed conflict. You will also manage relationships with stakeholders in the community and ensure close collaboration with concerned departments within the organization.
- Analyzes situation on the ground in communities affected by armed conflict and initiates project proposals as ICRC’s humanitarian response
- Oversees assigned and approved projects including planning, design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation
- Liaises with the Philippine Red Cross, local authorities and when applicable, supervises project consultants or daily workers
- Manages project budgets and prepares financial reports
A successful candidate will have:
- A strong commitment to the humanitarian mandate of the ICRC and willingness to work in and adjust to difficult contexts
- Between 4 to 6 years of relevant work experience with established expertise in designing water structures, urban water systems and networks
- Ability to analyze situations and continued initiative to propose appropriate and innovative solutions
- Capacity to multitask among electricity, water resources, and construction projects while liaising with beneficiaries and other stakeholders
- Proficiency in both English and Filipino
A successful candidate may have:
- A bachelor’s degree or postgraduate degree relevant to engineering
- A professional license in Engineering
- Prior experience in humanitarian or development work
- International experience or exposure to international best practices for designing water structures and urban water systems and networks
- Ability to speak in other local languages used in central Mindanao
- Good knowledge in AutoCAD and Google sketch up software
- A meaningful career within an international humanitarian setup
- Competitive compensation package
- Opportunities for continued learning and development
Closing date of application: 30 November 2017*
Duration of contract: Open-ended
*Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until position is successfully filled. Recruitment may close before deadline of applications.
Qualified applicants are requested to send their comprehensive resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: SURNAME First name – DAV WATHAB Engineer (cover letter, resume).
Office Address: 2/F Tavera Business Center, J. Camus Ext. corner Araullo Sts., Davao City 8000
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. A valid NBI clearance must be submitted once shortlisted.
To learn more about the ICRC in the Philippines, please visit our website www.icrc.org/ph and follow us on Facebook www.facebook.com/ICRCph.