Are you a Drupal expert interested in making a difference with the work you do? Do you want to work in an international environment bringing together your expertise in web, social, and back-end technologies? Do you enjoy grabbling with problems and coming up with the best solutions for users and editors around the world?
Then this opportunity is for you!
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is looking for a Web developer based in Belgrade to design and build the new ICRC website. You will participate in creating, supporting and maintaining a website that is in line with the latest trends and is user-centric & user-friendly.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. We take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law. We work closely with National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and with their International Federation in order to ensure a concerted, rational and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or any other situation of internal violence.
You will be based in Belgrade and will work closely with other web developers and the Project Manager based in Geneva. Together with your team, you will design and develop the best technical solutions to translate effectively the digital needs of your ICRC colleagues from different departments. You will test and implement cutting-edge features to build the new ICRC website.
• Act as the technical advisor and helps develop innovative new platforms related to appropriate audiences
• Support all website functionality and platform stability
• Act as administrator for all ICRC-owned web tools, including Drupal/WordPress, and hosted services as well as trains digital points of contact in the field on all this tool when required
• In collaboration with the Project Manager and the Web Developer, advise the digital communication team on improvements and website launches, to propose the best solution for the organization's needs
• Be responsible for testing a website and ensures it is working accurately, as well as for advising Digital units on the digital trends in the region
• Understand Internet trends regarding design, content, development, etc. as well as supervise trends in tools, applications, channels, design and strategy
• Cultivate an understanding of the ICRC's web and IT infrastructure and plays an active part in improving our platforms at the regional/ global level
• Optimally use the project management tools as well as the Agile, Waterfall, and similar project management methodologies
• Participate in and contribute to weekly/ quarterly/ biannual and ad-hoc reports, as well as participates to regular online meetings with the Digital counterparts in Geneva and Regional Communication Centers
• University degree in computer science, digital media production, software engineering, web design or similar along with minimum of six years' experience in digital.
• Full-stack web development experience, expertise in front-end development, with a variety of technical skills on the following:
o Web page development and styling: HTML and CSS; LESS or SASS is an asset
o Knowledge of Bootstrap is an asset
o Server-side language: PHP
o Database: MySQL
o Content Management Systems: Drupal 7; Drupal 8 and WordPress is an asset
o Web Servers: Apache
o Knowledge of SOLR; Scrappy is an asset
o Web development best practices: SEO, UX, Accessibility
o Knowledge of graphic design tools: Photoshop; Illustrator is an asset
o Newsletter tools and CRMs: Mailchimp, HubSpot are assets
o Social tools APIs: Twitter API, Facebook API are assets
o Map APIs: Mapbox, CartoDB are assets
o Collaborative tools: Git, Mantis Bug tracker are assets
• Excellent knowledge of project management tools as well as the Agile, Waterfall, and similar project management methodologies
Proficient in written and spoken English, French or any other language knowledge is an asset
What we offer
· A dynamic job in an exciting international environment with opportunities of in-house training
· Continuous capacity building opportunities
· An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
· Stimulating benefits package, including health insurance
· An open-ended contract with the possibility to work fully remotely
Are you ready to take your career to the next level with us? If yes, please send us your CV and a motivation letter exclusively in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.