Position: Welcome Officer
Duration of Contract: One year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal to an open ended contract)
Location: Iraq – Baghdad
Date of Issue: 16 April 2019
Deadline for applications: 21 April 2019
To ensure the work of the Welcome department is managed efficiently and effectively in line with an established guidelines. The Welcome Officer ensures that welcome activities are organized smoothly , including coordination of pick-up/drop off of ICRC staff and guests, travel arrangements, smooth access, visa and permits, official registration and accommodation
In addition, you will need to be an enthusiastic, flexible, committed, and a resourceful colleague who can support the Manager to lead the team. The successful candidate will need to deliver to a high standard, be resilient and have a positive "can do" attitude.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities under the direct supervision of the ICRC Welcome Supervisor in Baghdad:
• Interact with relevant authorities (ministries, consulates, etc.) regarding certificates, visas, permits, regis-tration, etc.
• In charge of requesting IQ visa renewal for mobile staff inside the country on monthly basis and notify holders of short passport validity to renew passport.
• In charge of updating IQ visa file and electronic archiving of visa sticker/renewal/transfer and all related docs.
• Translate visa document and share IQ visa approval with ICRC delegations and mobile staff along with oth-er necessary documents and instructions.
• Responsible of requesting evacuation visa (JO, KOW) for all restricted nationalities, and ensure delegates filling JO visa application upon arrival.
• Regularly renew backup visa and share it with mobile staff and concerned sites/units.
• Coordinate and share exit visa stamp of backup visa with ICRC delegation in Amman and Kuwait.
• In charge of requesting KRG visa for restricted nationality and keep the file up to date.
• In charge of RED flight requests and coordinate booking/cancellation and transportation with all the con-cerned sites/units in Iraq and keeps dispatch updated adequately.
• Supports in flight booking in timely manner and provide cost estimation of tickets and hotel booking and share e-tickets with travellers.
• Finalize flight tickets preparation and submission of necessary documents for financial progress.
• Responsible of updating the accommodation plan and rooms distribution for both permanent and visitors in all BAG residences.
• In charge of Welcome envelope preparation and follow-up of documents archive and dispatch to the concerned site.
• Responsible of distributing the mobile sets and key for delegates and the visitors and follow up with ICRC staff and relevant department to ensure receiving back pool mobiles, charges and residency keys.
• Update Welcome inventory list and share it on-line on teamspace.
• Prepare SRs and order mobiles, chargers and batteries for both permanents and pools mobiles, and ensure all BAG welcome mobiles are well charged all the time.
• Organizes communication flow between ICRC offices, sub-delegations, delegations and/or headquarters regarding staff travel.
• Ensures that staff and guests are met on arrival and brief them about procedures of flight booking, accommodation and visa.
• Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC.
• May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree, an associate degree or equivalent higher-education degree in administration, travel industry, tourism, or similar field.
• 4 years work experience in a similar function.
• Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English and Arabic.
• Computer proficiency.
• Use of flight booking system is an added value.
• Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
• good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• ability to draft clearly and concisely.
• demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity.
• ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
• ability to work under pressure.
• personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results.
• Beneficiary and Client Focus
• Teamwork and Collaboration
• Accountability and accuracy
ICRC Remuneration and Social Benefits: We offer
• A monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, medical coverage, training opportunities and social
• The opportunity to practice your profession in an international, humanitarian and multicultural environment
• Support you through ongoing learning and development opportunities
The successful candidate will submit to a three month probation period.
Interested candidates should forward the following to (BAG_hrservices@icrc.org)
• Updated Curriculum Vitae
• A cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications
• Salary expectations
Please indicate the post title you are applying for. Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted immediately.
As ICRC, we are convinced that diversity makes us better at what we do: it enables us to form close relationships with wide-ranging communities and develop the best solutions for the people we work with. We make a conscious effort to have diverse teams with regards to age, disability, race, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation and particularly in terms of gender as women make up more than 20 % of our staff and are encouraged to apply.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal violence and provide them with assistance. Please visit our website for further information: www.icrc.org
No Fee: ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).