Uganda: newsletter - January to May 2011
25-10-2011 Field Newsletter
- DownloadPDF 3 MB
The ICRC has continued its work in Uganda in 2011, focusing its activities on rehabilitating water points and boreholes in the north of the country. It has also continued its work to reunite separated families, visit detainees and promote IHL. An overview of ICRC's activities in Uganda from January to May 2011.
- construction of water points in Acholiland and rehabilitation of boreholes in Karamoja
- restoration of family links, with a particular focus on children
- support to physical rehabilitation centres in Mbale and Fort Portal
- visits to 4,700 detainees
- pilot project to provide curative treatments for HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria
- promotion of IHL among national authorities, armed forces and Islamic scholars
- support to the Uganda Red Cross Society.