Profession: Deputy Head of Production in charge of print
04-03-2013 Job Opportunity
Country: Nairobi, Kenya
Only applications from nationals or resident holders of a valid working permit will be considered.
The contract of employment of the successful applicant will be subjected to the current Labour Law in its country of residence
Purpose of the post
To reinforce the impact and coherence of ICRC's communication initiatives in Africa, and under the lead of the Head of Regional Production Centre (RPC), we wish to appoint a Deputy Head of Production in charge of the production of publications to join our unique organization. The deputy will be in charge of enhancing, expanding and promoting the RPC's print production expertise in the region and will work closely with the Head of RPC to implement the field production strategy launched in 2012, while replacing him/her when required. This position covers all delegations in Africa, with the support of the production unit in Dakar for French publications.
We are looking for an experienced, skilled and highly motivated person who can make a significant contribution to the successful implementation of the production strategy in Africa, motivate and support the production officers of the delegations in the regions and efficiently manage the production processes to accelerate the rate of progress. The successful candidate for this post will have a proven record of effectiveness at producing communication material, dealing with suppliers and leading a team.
Act as the focal point for ICRC print productions in Africa, reinforcing the impact and coherence of ICRC’s publications in Africa
- In collaboration with the Head of RPC, expand and improve existing RPC services, expertise and network
- Participate in the development of the regional production centre's strategy and plan of action
- Manage the supra-regional print production activities in Africa in collaboration with the Dakar production unit, and participate in the conception of audio-visual material and promotional items
- Support the local print production projects of African delegations, including support in planning, stock management and promotion of their publications
- Identify and develop relevant communication materials to meet objectives of local and regional communication strategies and needs
- Develop regional marketing/promotion strategies for communication products
- In collaboration with the HoRPC, build capacity at delegations' level for print production
- Collaborate with the HoRPC and the RPC team in identifying and developing new communication tools (print, audio-visual and promotional items) in line with communication departments of African delegations
- Help the Head of RPC organise trainings and workshops, and provide regular support to print production officers
- Contribute to the development of internal communication across production and communication departments, and between HQ and the field
- University degree with minimum 5 years' professional experience in communications and marketing, preferably in the non-profit sector
- Confirmed experience in project management, strategic planning, budget management and in managing a team, as well as clients and suppliers
- Extensive knowledge of print production processes (from pre-press to distribution) and technologies
- Very good knowledge of the printed production market in Kenya (Nairobi) and good knowledge of graphic design tools an asset;
- Experience in branding and in implementing a corporate visual identity
- Ideal age: 35 to 55
- Ability to work independently, in a team and network widely
- Precise, rigorous and autonomous
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Initiative and sense of organisation, ability to set priorities
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to all countries covered by the post
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work and able to work effectively in a multicultural environment
- Excellent level in English (including text editing skills), good level in Swahili and preferably in French as well.
How to apply
If you are interested in this position and your profile matches the requirements listed above, we encourage you to send your CV and cover letter in English BY EMAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please in the cover letter state the skills and approach that you would bring to the post, and your suitability for this role.
Applications sent by other means will not be considered. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please ensure that they are sent as Word documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”. Please put “ICRC – Deputy Head of Production in charge of print” in the e-mail subject line.
Minimum length of assignment: N/A
Starting date: position open
Deadline for applications: 17 March 2013
International Committee of the Red Cross,
Nairobi Regional Delegation, Denis Pritt Road, P.O.Box 73226, Nairobi, 00200, Kenya