Profession: database and supporter care assistant
14-01-2013 Job Opportunity Ref. hq-data-supp
HQ, Full time
In order to ensure the predictable funding of its operations, the ICRC has set itself the goal to increase income from private fundraising streams. The Assistant will be working under the direction of the Database and Supporter Care Manager. S/he is responsible for responding to written, email and telephone enquiries made by supporters and assisting with the management of the database. Over time the postholder will be expected to take on day to day responsibility for routine data management tasks.
- Assists the manager in the administration of the database on a regular basis:
o Import data, check, reconcile.
o production of queries, reports or statistics.
o updates in the database
- Follow-up with the relevant units (FAD, REX, etc.)
- Contributes to the revision of the procedures/processes.
- Work closely with the other Supporter Care Assistant to manage the thanking process to supporters ensuring that responses are accurate and timely (merge, format and issue letters etc)
- Follow-up printing of thanking letters by external suppliers
- Handle and reply to supporter enquiries and ensure the necessary follow-up is made
- Assist the managers within the unit to:
o Finalize documents.
o Welcome visitors.
o Contribute to specific projects/files.
o Assist with secretarial work in coordination with the other Assistant (events, mailings, letters, etc.)
- Replace other colleagues within the sector during absences
- Other tasks as assigned.
Information management and general support to the unit:
- Ensure that existing information, is properly shared within the unit, organised and filled according to agreed procedures
- In charge of the updates made into reference tools (DB, etc.) related to the portfolio of the unit
- Proactively assists her/his colleagues with the use of the IT tools and promotes the use of new ones whilst liaising with the assistant of the Head of External Resources Division
- Assists her/his superior in terms of information management whilst liaising with the assistant of Head of External Resources Division
- Ensures that the filing process and protocol is understood and followed by the unit
- Act as the focal point for the assistant of the office of the Head of External Resources for any updates the unit wishes to make to the intranet page
- Act as the focal point within the unit for the use of the ordinary IT tools
Profile and skills required:
- “Employé de commerce” or equivalent
- Experience working in humanitarian context or ICRC (an asset)
- Good knowledge (oral and written) of French, English and German (Swiss German an asset)
- Fluent with IT tools (Microsoft Office, Lotus, etc.)
- Interest in new technologies (marketing databases, also intranet, internet, webmail, analytical software tools, etc.)
- Organisational skills and sense or priorities
- Team spirit, reliable, dynamic, accurate, rigorous and resilient
- Proactive and capacity to work autonomously and to take new responsibilities
- Keeps his/her work related knowledge proactively up-to-date.
Minimum length of assignment: Two years, extendable
Starting date: as soon as possible
Deadline: 8 February 2013