Profession: digital fundraising manager
20-12-2012 Job Opportunity Ref. hq-priv-dig-fund
In order to ensure the predictable funding of its operations, the ICRC has set itself the goal to increase income from private fundraising streams. The Digital Fundraising Manager will join a growing professional team, building on early success with digital fundraising and leading the next stage of development at ICRC.
The postholder will work closely with other colleagues in Private Fundraising and in ICRC’s Online Communications Unit to develop online fundraising, the digital components of integrated supporter recruitment / development programmes and will translate the wealth of international interest in ICRC into long term support for the future. They will work closely with a dedicated fundraising staff member in the Communication’s Online unit who focuses on content generation and technical support for digital fundraising projects.
It is anticipated that digital engagement and fundraising will play a major role in the ICRC’s fundraising programme in the future. This position is critical to delivering the next generation of ICRC supporters.
- Work closely with key staff in Private Fundraising, Communications, IT and Operations roles to develop long term plans, creative platforms and tactics for ICRC’s digital fundraising presence
- Work closely with Communication and IT staff to ensure that increasingly sophisticated technical functionality is introduced to ICRC’s systems and managed effectively; e.g including robust multi-currency payment platforms, supporter event fundraising software, analytical tools, data transfer to supporter database etc
- Lead all digital fundraising projects ensuring that budgets and KPI’s are realised and lessons learnt
- Work closely with colleagues in Direct Marketing to ensure that integrated campaigns are planned, developed and implemented; building long term support from individual supporters
- Work with colleagues in the Online team and the Direct Marketing Manager to plan and execute paid for digital promotional campaigns, Adwords, SEO etc. Also taking advantage of other free services offered by tech companies
- Ensure that non individuals fundraising audiences are supported by ICRC’s digital fundraising programme
- Work closely with Communications staff to ensure that content generation serves fundraising objectives
- Plan and implement a programme to effectively measure the performance of ICRC’s digital fundraising ensuring that decisions regarding roll out and new projects are informed by good quality data (as well as good quality intuition!)
- Ensure that creative approaches and tactical decisions are informed by ICRC operational priorities and ensure that fundraising priorities are sufficiently balanced against operations concerns
- Support the development of fundraising “appeal packages” for use by national Red Cross and Red Crescent societies and operate in a way which is sensitive to their fundraising priorities
- Ensure that the ICRC’s Ethical Policy and policy regarding use of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Emblems are followed at all times. Taking the advice of senior staff when appropriate
- Ensure that the work is following both legal and best practice guidelines for fundraising.
Qualifications and experience:
- A university degree or an equivalent combination of education or experience
- Minimum 4 years experience of digital fundraising or related work, particularly with international organizations
- Demonstrable track record of success in previous employment
- Experience of working in the following areas are an asset:
- international humanitarian organizations
- Red Cross / Red Crescent Movement
- international fundraising
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills. Fluent English essential, French and / or German highly desirable
- Online project management, ability to work with multidisciplinary team members (graphic editors, writers, programmers, etc)
- At ease with senior staff, good interpersonal, networking and organisational skills
- Self starter with drive to create and develop new fundraising opportunities
- Team player
- Personal resilience, ability to operate in a complex international organization
- Ability to be administratively self-supporting
- Passion for humanitarian work and strong commitment to the mission of the ICRC.
Minimum length of assignment: 4 years
Starting date: February 2013
Deadline: 18 January 2013