Internship: communication unit
16-11-2012 Job Opportunity
THE INTERNATIONAL COMMITTEE OF THE RED CROSS (ICRC), an independent humanitarian organization whose mandate is to provide protection and assistance for victims of armed conflict and internal disturbances, is looking for a paid intern for its Internal Communication Unit.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Supporting the Head of Unit in the establishment of internal communication plans for ICRC departments /projects and delegations
- Supporting the implementation of these communication plans in coordination with the Head of Unit
- Writing articles and /or interviews for the intranet in coordination with the intranet editor in chief
- Helping publish content on the ICRC intranet via the content management system (CMS), including the proper inclusion of meta-data keywords
- Helping manage web platform to celebrate ICRC's 150 year anniversary.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in communications or in a related field
- Fluency in English and French required
- Experience in communication / internal communication or journalism.
- Interest in the ICRC and internal communication
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Well organized and diligent
- Good team player
- Able to work independently and autonomously when required
- Good computer skills (Windows OS, Excel, etc.)
- Motivated to learn and to develop new skills
- Capacity to fulfil technical tasks on the Intranet in a reliable way
- Experience in using a CMS an asset.
How to apply
The internship will begin in January 2013 for a period of 12 months. Please submit your applications via email to email@example.com no later than 14 December 2012. Only applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Application files should include the following elements:
A cover letter in English
Exact dates of availability
One letter of reference (English or French)
A complete CV
Two additional references (name, function and phone number).