Facts and figures
16-04-2013 Facts and Figures
In 2012, the ICRC:
- visited 540,669 detainees in 1,744 places of detention in 97 countries and territories, including detainees under the jurisdiction of international courts and tribunals;
- monitored 26,609 of these detainees individually (including 626 women and 1,235 minors);
- registered and visited 13,569 detainees (including 283 women and 1,085 minors) for the first time in 2012;
- enabled 13,913 detainees to receive visits from family members;
- issued 17,358 detention attestations.