Facts and figures
19-12-2013 Facts and Figures
Between January and September 2013, the ICRC carried out the following activities:
- visited over 10,666 detainees during 159 visits to 60 places of detention, both provisional and permanent;
- partly renovated kitchens, store-rooms and/or water and sanitation systems in prisons at Dimbokro, Boundiali and Grand-Bassam.
- distributed 90 tonnes of seed, plus agricultural equipment, to over 18,000 people who had returned to their villages near Taï;
- supported two hospitals and four health centres serving a population of almost 210,000, enabling them to provide 30,000 consultations, of which 12,000 were for children under five;
Burkina Faso (with the Burkinabé Red Cross Society)
- distributed essential household items to 1,772 Malian refugees in the province of Oudalan, northern Burkina Faso;
- distributed 150 tonnes of millet, 30 tonnes of beans, 15,000 litres of oil and 3 tonnes of salt to 9,000 vulnerable families in communities hosting Malian refugees.