Facts and figures
17-06-2013 Facts and Figures
Between October 2012 and March 2013, the ICRC ...
provided food and lodging for over 3,700 migrants in a centre run by the Red Cross Society of Niger;
- dug 51 wells to provide water for livestock and irrigation, benefiting 1,700 farmers in Tchirozérine and Timia;
- helped Tchirozérine health district to run vaccination programmes at six health centres, for 6,400 children under 7 and 200 women;
- renovated the care and maternity units at Tchintaborak Health Centre in Aderbissanet, benefiting 10,000 people.
- worked with the Agadez regional livestock authority to vaccinate 1.3 million head of livestock and treat them against parasites;
- organized briefings for 74 students from Agadez NCO training school, 65 NCOs from the army's Dirkou Company and 50 members of the Bilma detachment of the Republican Guard.