Facts and figures
28-03-2013 Facts and Figures
In 2012, the staff of the ICRC regional delegation in Tunis:
- visited 17,900 detainees during 66 visits to 27 places of detention in Tunisia, monitoring 152 detainees individually;
- facilitated over 16,200 phone calls between refugees who had fled from Libya to Tunisia (most of them migrant workers) and their families;
- worked with the Mauritanian Red Crescent to distribute essential supplies to over 72,000 Malian refugees in Mauritania;
- visited over 1,500 detainees during 42 visits to 11 places of detention in Mauritania, monitoring 70 detainees individually;
- provided physical rehabilitation services to 570 Sahrawi refugees, via the ICRC centre in Tindouf.