Finance & Administration Manager 2 is responsible for the integrity of financial and analytical accounting and for reporting from the field. S/he oversees all financial resources and administrative activities, such as management of premises and staff travel.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Supports and assists on analytical accounting, risk reporting, preparation of the annual budget/monthly forecast, cost-control and analysis of budget deviations and follow-up
- Contributes with reliable forecasts and budget data to managerial decision-making on tactical (current fiscal year) and strategic (next fiscal year) matters.
- Assesses the financial situation and provides regular financial information to the F&A Coordinator
- Ensures that processes are monitored, evaluated and in compliance with the ICRC internal policies (e.g. F&A Manual, Travel Policy, etc) and with statutory reporting requirements (i.e. taxes, social security, etc.)
- Assists the F&A Coordinator in the process optimization of the Administration department
- Interprets institutional guidelines and policies in light of the local context; sees to it that these are strictly implemented and monitored, ensuring compliance with ethical standards and mitigating financial risks.
- Acts as an adviser and coach on all financial or economic matters and compliance for the Administration team and other departments of the delegation.
- Is responsible for drawing up contingency measures to respond to critical changes in the operating context.
- Acts as co-signatory and finance interface for internal and external parties (suppliers, banks etc.).
- Supports in establishing (and updating) of the Risk Assessment for the delegation/structure, focusing on risks related to real estate and finance. Implements and monitors risk-mitigation measures in his/her area of responsibility, in close liaison with technical departments.
- In joint collaboration with technical departments and the sustainability team, leads and initiates measures to reduce energy consumption and implements "gap-closing" measures identified in the Sustainability Assessment.
- Provides regular support and ensures streamlined approach with the main delegation to the Administration teams of the subdelegations (e.g. PUO, SCI and VCO).
- Reports directly to the F&A Coordinator and updates about the day-to-day activities of the Finance, Welcome and Premises departments.
Scope & Impact
-Direct functional reporting to F&A Coordinator with autonomy in key files such as budgeting, analysis and reporting as necessary.
-Typically handles day-to-day main areas of Finance & Administration (e.g. Premises & Welcome, Finance)
-May act as F&A Manager in charge during the F&A Coordinator's absence
Internally, interacts with the management/head of other structure and with other departments in the field and if necessary, with the Head of Finance and & Administration Sector at headquarters.
Externally, interacts with financial authorities (tax authorities, Ministry of Labour, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, embassies) and suppliers (e.g. Heads of Finance).
Certifications / Education Required
- University degree in finance/accounting, business administration or hospitality management.
- Diploma in public accounting/internal audit or similar
- Certifications like CPA/CMA/CIA or similar an asset
- Fluent command of English and Spanish
- Excellent skills on Microsoft office tools
- Computer literacy
Professional Experience Required
- 6 years confirmed practical experience in finance or management, including at least 1 year in financial accounting/controlling.
- At least 4 years of experience in audit/compliance
- Experience on managing a team
- Experience in an international working environment, abroad or with an international organization/development agency is an asset
Place of work: Caracas (*Position especially for residents in Venezuela).
To apply: Interested candidates are invited to send their CV and a one-page cover letter to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the reference/subject: Selection Process for Finance and Administration Manager. Send documents no later than September 21, 2022.