El 27 de mayo es la fecha límite para aplicar a esta oportunidad laboral.
The International Committee of the Red Cross for Mexico and Central America is searching professional highly qualified for the position of:
FIELD TEAM LEADER (PACIFIC ZONE)
(Local contract based in Mexico City)
The Field Team Leader/ Head of Zone (HoZ) oversees implementing ICRC objectives in his/ her zone in line with the operational strategies of the MRD. S/he manages the zonal multidisciplinary team of 6 generalists and specialists who have a direct reporting line to the HoZ (1 Generalist FO, 1 Missing FO, 1 Forensics FO, 1 MHPSS FO, 1 WatHab FO (50%) and 1 Health FO).
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Networking and ICRC acceptance (25%)
- Maintains, oversees and develops a broad network of contacts including state authorities, security agencies (e.g. Police and Guardia Nacional), political bodies, community leaders, civil society and academic circles and deepens institutional dialogue with them in order to allow the smooth development of the activities.
- Supports and advises ICRC staff working in Pacific in their networking activities.
- Contributes to a solid, pragmatic humanitarian coordination at field level, ensuring a smooth management of all humanitarian responses / projects carried out in cooperation with the Red Cross Societies or other partners.
- Represents the ICRC in Pacific Zone to ensure respect for life and dignity and respect for the ICRC's work.
Strategy & Humanitarian Response (35%)
- Sets the priorities and ensures the course of the operations keeping those affected by the armed violence and its consequences in Pacific Zone at the centre of the considerations, design and implementation of the operations.
- Ensures that programs of the Mexico Regional Delegation in Pacific Zone are integrated and that specific objectives outlined in the Planning for Results (budget) are measured and met. Ensuring consistency between the ICRC analysis/humanitarian needs and the response through its programs and activities.
- Coordinates, facilitate and measures the impact of all operations of the ICRC in Pacific Zone, ensuring their coherence and meaningfulness on the backdrop of the Other Violence Situations context and the Delegation's main operational priorities.
- Ensures an open and effective coordination and collaboration with the technical coordinators to the benefit of affected populations.
- Contributes to the definition of the of the ICRC's operational strategy at Mexico Regional Delegation level and ensures the implementation and follow up of related programs and activities, in coordination with the Red Cross Movement, other humanitarian actors and relevant stakeholders.
Security Management and Field Coordination (25%)
- Oversees security management for Pacific Zone, in line with the overall security framework established by the MRD. Ensures the security management is coordinated with the Red Cross Societies local teams.
- Develops a solid analysis of zonal context (e.g. violence situation, politics, socioeconomic, stakeholders, security, culture, customs and evolution of the humanitarian environment and actors) through secondary sources and key informants.
- Ensures that security rules are followed by all ICRC staff working in Pacific Zone, and takes corrective measures if necessary.
- Leads and coordinates humanitarian need assessments (in collaboration with technical departments), and designs operational responses (projects), ensuring inclusion of affected populations and an integrated approach between technical departments, as well as the coherence between Zones.
- Ensures the coordination of the ICRC's operations in Pacific Zone within the framework of the operational partnership with the Red Cross Societies state branches, in line with the Red Cross Societies Strategy
- Contributes to the relevant operational reporting of Mexico Regional Delegation for internal or external purposes, institutional reports (Monthly for Results, Planning for Results) and ad hoc analytical documents as per the Delegation's reporting guidelines.
- Shares regular Field Trip Reports, including contributions from technical departments. Ensures proper internal communication and reporting.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and supervises the Performance Management & Development (PMD) activities for employees under their supervision
- Makes sure that deadlines for the PMD cycle are met
- Engages in ongoing and continuous feedback and support, particularly for employees under their supervision, but also other staff members
- Organizes regular meetings within their team to ensure optimal coordination of the work and proper flow of information
- Ensures that job descriptions for employees under their supervision are up to date; seeks feedback and support from the HR Department if needed
- Plans and coordinates the annual leave of the employees under their supervision ensuring continuity of the operations throughout the year and making sure that there are no outstanding holiday balances at the end of the year
- Coordinates and supports the employees under their supervision in their personal development by coaching and advising them on internal and external training and development possibilities
Certifications and Education required
This position requires solid experience in participatory management of multidisciplinary teams in complex operations, and transparent and collaborative attitude both internally and externally, good analytical skills, openness to the multicultural composition of the teams and advanced English language skills in addition to fluent Spanish.
- Professional degree in social sciences (sociology, social work, anthropology, international relations and / or related sciences) or economics.
- At least 5 years relevant professional experience working on other humanitarian organizations carrying out activities/projects in the field.
- Experience of dialogue with international agencies, institutions or NGOs in the humanitarian field.
- Demonstrated ability in writing, communication, and public speaking.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish
Personal requirements required for this post:
- Capacity for synthesis, analysis, planning, organization, and evaluation;
- Management of multidisciplinary teams;
- Proactivity within institutional frameworks;
- Sense of responsibility and autonomy;
- Excellent interpersonal relationships and teamwork;
- Availability and flexibility to travel throughout the national territory;
- Discretion, neutrality, and confidentiality in relation to your work;
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts with calm and equanimity
What we offer? Competitive Salary, higher benefits than the law, opportunity to contribute to an international humanitarian organization.
Workplace: Mexico City with availability of frequent trips
¿HOW TO APPLY?
If you qualify, apply here: New vacancy: FIELD TEAM LEADER (PACIFIC ZONE) before 24:00h Friday 27th May 2022
Please also include details of your salary expectations and date to be available
Foreign candidates must have a work visa in Mexico