El 29 de mayo es la fecha límite para aplicar a esta oportunidad laboral.
The Regional Delegation for Mexico and Central America of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is looking for the next member of our team:
Economic Security Generalists
The ICRC's regional delegation (RD) in Mexico covers Mexico and Central America. These activities include Protection and Assistance actions in favour of migrants, internally displaced persons, people who are separated, missing or dead as well as communities affected by armed violence.
Under the supervision of the Mexico's Delegation Migration and IDPs Regional Coordinator (CoMIG/IDPs), the Economic Security (EcoSec) Generalist provides support and guidance for the design, planning, implementation and monitoring of EcoSec activities to the Protection, field and EcoSec staff in the Delegation. S/he oversees the correct implementation, coherence and complementarity of the various EcoSec programs and initiatives aimed at migrant and/or IDP populations in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Mexico. S/he supports the implementation of, and adherence to, relevant institutional EcoSec frameworks, guidelines, policies and training modules.
- Supports the implementation of EcoSec activities in line with the PfR and plans of action of each Mission and in line with the institutional policies and guidelines.
- Support the development/revision of key documents (strategies and guidelines) in the Missions according to the institutional policies and guidelines.
- Supports EcoSec staff in Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras and the field in Mexico in the creation, implementation and follow up of their own responses.
- Ensures communication with relevant departments, in view of designing multidisciplinary responses to humanitarian consequences of violence.
- Supports the development of a network of external stakeholders, such as counterparts in international organizations, non-governmental organizations and national authorities relevant to EcoSec.
- Drafts and shares minutes of meetings and reports and ensures all relevant documents are properly archived.
- Drafts/develops reports and other analytical documents related to the EcoSec file.
- Ensures the proper documentation in the databases in coordination with DATA manager.
- Contributes to the anual planification and reporting exercises, as required.
- Contributes to the positioning of the ICRC on EcoSec themes in the regional delegation.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct.
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times.
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times.
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers.
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC.
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary.
CERTIFICATIONS / EDUCATION REQUIRED
- University degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Social Work, Humanities or equivalent
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish
- Computer proficiency
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in the generation and strengthening of livelihoods in an urban context: employment or self-employment/enterprises and distribution of economic assistance (CBI) and in-kind (food, hygiene products, among others).
- Minimum 3 years of experience in work related to project design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and follow-up.
- Experience working with migrant population, internally displaced by violence or groups in vulnerable situations.
- Experience implementing advocacy strategies and inter-institutional articulation with public, private and civil society actors for vulnerable populations.
PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS REQUIRED FOR THIS POST:
- Capacity for synthesis, analysis, planning, organization, and evaluation;
- Sense of responsibility and autonomy;
- Discretion, neutrality, and confidentiality in relation to your work;
- Ability to negotiate and resolve conflicts with calm and equanimity.
- Ability to travel frequently within México and Central America region.
HOW TO APPLY TO THE JOB?
Send your application to: https://icrc.hiringroom.com/jobs/get_vacancy/627c2ab43a68816ad5093485
Deadline to receive applications: 24:00 hrs, may 29 th, 2022.
Please include your salary expectation in your application.
Foreign candidates must hold a valid work permit of Mexico.