The ICRC Regional Delegation in Beijing seeks to fill the following position:
Health Field Officer
The ICRC Regional Delegation for East Asia covers China, DPRK, South Korea, and Mongolia. The delegation's main task is to promote awareness and implementation of international humanitarian law, the legal framework that seeks to minimize human suffering caused by war. The delegation also aims to familiarize governments, experts, national Red Cross societies and civil society with the ICRC's humanitarian work and emergency response around the world.
In Beijing, the focus of the Health department is the implementation of a "Global Health Diplomacy" (GHD) program carried out by engaging with Chinese authorities, institutions and international agencies over global humanitarian concerns and public health challenges during emergencies worldwide. The Health department also coordinates the ICRC support project to the Emergency Department (ED) of Pyongyang Medical College Hospital (PMCH) in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK).
The Health Field Officer, s-he will:
- Contribute to the implementation of the Global Health Diplomacy (GHD) program in China;
- Conduct studies and analysis relevant to the implementation of the 2 health programs;
- Liaise and build contacts with all relevant stakeholders (government agencies, scientific and academic institutions, think tanks, international organizations);
- Provide support to the Beijing health team in coordinating the ICRC support project in DPRK (ED PMCH in Pyongyang);
- Feed the analysis of the public health situation in the region and in areas of ICRC intervention, contributing to project proposals in line with the delegation's objectives and priorities;
- Represent, when requested, the ICRC vis-à-vis beneficiaries, local authorities, humanitarian actors, and other stakeholders;
- Degree in medicine, nursing, social sciences or relevant health-related profession;
- Public health management skills;
- Fluency in English, with good spoken and written English;
- Knowledge of the Chinese national health system and overseas medical aid;
- Good communication, analytical and negotiating skills.
We offer a rewarding and enriching work in a humanitarian and international environment, and:
- Initial training and on-boarding organised
- Possibilities of participating in relevant debates on global health in the humanitarian sector, sharing lessons and experiences with colleagues around the world
- A competitive salary with benefits and career development
Starting date: September 2022
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English by email only to: email@example.com(specify position name at your email title) Attn: Human Resources Department.
Deadline for applications: 15th August, 2022
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview