The ICRC Regional Delegation for East Asia Based in Beijing
seeks to fill the following position:
The ICRC Regional Delegation for East Asia covers China, DPRK, South Korea, and Mongolia. The delegation's main task is to promote awareness and implementation of international humanitarian law, the legal framework that seeks to minimize human suffering caused by war. The delegation also aims to familiarize governments, experts, national Red Cross societies and civil society with the ICRC's humanitarian work and emergency response around the world.
Under direct supervision of the members of the Policy team.
As the Policy Intern, s-he will be responsible for
- Offering perspectives on important developments, policies, diplomacy related to humanitarian issues in China and globally.
- Complementing reading of Pol from academic angle on China's foreign policy by following the State's response to the evolving situations in key contexts including but not limited to Afghanistan, Ukraine, ILOT, Africa, etc. It is expected that the analysis work will contribute to the delegation's insights sharing in different formats.
- Join in the preparation work for the relevant meetings, high level visits and the signature event to be hosted by the end of the year.
- Share daily routines of the office to relieve the Pol team from hand shortage.
3. Network development:
- to expand or strengthen relationship of the delegation with leaders, professors, or researchers at his/her university.
Selection requirements and experience
- Current undergraduate or graduate student with at least two years of education majoring in international relations, politics, or relevant field.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good computer skills, especially for Miscosoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Experience in organizing events or office work
Internship Duration and time:
The intern for this position is expected to work until January 2024.
It is required at least 4 working days commitment per week.
1500 Yuan / month
Expected Starting date: October 7, 2023
Deadline for Application: September 20, 2023
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Only short-listed candidates will be contacted)