The ICRC Regional Delegation in Beijing seeks to fill the following position:
Intern of POL
The Intern helps the ICRC Policy unit to follow the latest dynamics and produce analysis of the delegation's interest. He/she is also expected to assist Policy team in meeting/event organization and office routine work.
- Follow up the dynamics of key contexts such as Afghanistan, Myanmar, Syria, Africa, in order to assist the Policy unit to develop a better understanding of China's policies and positions.
- Follow up relevant policies on themes of interest including but not limited to humanitarian assistance, development, security, climate change etc.
- Assist with the preparation and organization of meetings and events as needed.
- Help with administrative work.
- Current undergraduate or graduate student with at least two years of education majoring in international relations, politics or relevant field.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Good computer skills, especially for Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT).
- Experience in organizing events and office work.
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
Qualified applicants are requested to submit their comprehensive CV and letter of motivation in English, as well as salary expectations, by email only to: firstname.lastname@example.org(specify position name at your email title) Attn: Human Resources Department.
Deadline for applications: 1 Sept. 2022
Kindly note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview