On 4 October 2016, the ICRC hosted a conference at the Humanitarium to discuss how military commanders can ensure their operations remain within the confines of international humanitarian law (IHL). Where do we stand with regard to translating IHL into coherent operational guidance and rules of engagement that are not only legally accurate, but also relevant and effective in contemporary armed conflicts?
- Jamie Williamson, Head of Unit, Relations with Arms Carriers, ICRC
- Richard Jackson, Adjunct Professor of Law, Georgetown University and Former Special Assistant to the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General for the Law of War Matters
- Andrew Carswell, Senior Delegate to the Armed Forces, ICRC
- Lone Kjelgaard, Senior Assistant Legal Advisor at the Office of Legal Affairs, NATO
- Charles Garraway, Colonel, Member of the International Humanitarian Fact-Finding Commission