In Tajikistan, the ICRC is helping people affected by the past civil conflict in partnership with the Red Crescent Society of Tajikistan. Here are our main activities in 2016:
- 314 families of the missing (530 beneficiaries) from Sughd province, Rasht Valley, Dushanbe region participated in the ICRC psychosocial accompaniment programme.
- 197 families of mine victims were assisted.
- An ICRC grant helped these families increase their monthly income by 14%.
- 75 families from Tajikistan visited their detained relatives who are women, youth, and life-sentenced detainees thanks to ICRC support.
- The ICRC in Tajikistan collected 330 tracing requests.
- 85 tracing requests were collected by the RCST – many of them for tracing abroad. 45 replies regarding those, including 7 positive answers were received.
- 2,743 people, from which 1,439 are children, received limb-lifting and physical rehabilitation services at the State Orthopedic Plants (SEOP) of Dushanbe.
- 3 emergency room trauma courses for 53 doctors from various ministries and agencies were provided. 27 surgeons – practitioners participated in the weapon wounds surgery seminar.