In Ukraine, the ICRC is helping people affected by the conflict in collaboration with the Ukrainian Red Cross. Here are our main activities in 2016 :
- 13,800 metric tonnes of humanitarian aid were delivered to people in the conflict-affected area.
- 1.4 million people on both sides of the contact line benefited from uninterrupted water supply.
- 15 health facilities, damaged due to the conflict, received roofing, construction materials and heaters.
- 466,000 food parcels were distributed to 165,000 people in vulnerable communities.
- 23,000 people received cash assistance on a monthly basis, helping them to cover their basic needs.
- 41,000 hemodialysis sessions involving 300 diabetic patients were supported.
- 573 detainees were visited in 47 places of detention.
- 607 missing persons were traced through the ICRC by relatives.
- 4,600 mine awareness signs were installed.
Read: the full facts and figures on ICRC's work in Ukraine in 2016