Round table "Memory and War"
About the event
On September 19th the Moscow Humanitarium Center of the ICRC Regional Delegation for the Russian Federation, Belarus and Moldova will host a round table devoted to the theme "Memory and War".
The leading scholars, representative of national authorities, think tanks and civil society as well as the experts in the field of international humanitarian law, psychology, history, arts and transitional justice will attend the round table to discuss such issues as:
- Healing and reconciliation in divided societies: building strategic peace in post-conflict settings;
- Psychological trauma of victims of armed conflicts;
- The role of archives in preserving memory of war
- Preserving memory of war through arts;
- Transitional justice mechanisms: overview of best practices and challenges;
- Truth and reconciliation commissions and pursuit of truth in post-conflict settings;
- Hybrid tribunals and their contribution to formation of memory;
- Right to know.
The event among others will feature the presentations of:
- Fanie Du Toit, Independent Consultant on Reconciliation and Transitional Justice, Former Executive Director of the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation, Cape Town, South Africa
- Dmitry Ispovednikov, Chief Specialist of the Russian State Military Archive
- Neary Adeline Hay, film maker
- Thomas Unger, Co-Director of the Master in Transitional Justice, Human Rights and the Rule of Law, Geneva Academy of International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights
- Kelen Meregali, Special Assistant to the Executive Director of the International Center for Transitional Justice
- Gleb Bogush, Associate Professor, Department of International Public and Private Law, National Research University Higher School of Economics
The round table will be broadcast online: http://ircc2019.infostjr.beget.tech/
Date & Time
19 September 2019 14:30 - 19:30
Grokholsky per., 13/1