Our action in 2021
- 4605 migrantswere visited in 15 immigration detention centres. We observed the living conditions and made recommendations to the authorities.
- 23 022 telephone callsin assistance points run by civil society shelter organizations and the Mexican Red Cross helped migrants stay in contact with their loved ones and reduced the risk of them going missing along their migration route
- 65 857 migrantswere beneficiaries of infrastructure and technical capacity-building projects carried out in 21 shelters.
- 1680 relativesof missing persons received ICRC support and advice whether as members of working groups with the authorities, in training workshops, at events and during the search for their loved ones, whether alive or dead.
- 1299 relativesof missing persons received psychological and psychosocial via associations, civil society organizations and public mental health services supported by the ICRC
- 600 peoplebenefited through projects to improve infrastructure and create safe community spaces in Ebanito (Matamoros), Tamaulipas and Colonia Zapata (Acapulco)
Give to those who need it most