Our COVID-19 response: March-December 2020
- 1,500Vulnerable families, 150 fishermen, 170 poultry farmers and 200 cash crop farmers benefited from our cash support in Gaza
- 1.9 millionPeople were educated about COVID-19 risks and preventive via ICRC digital platforms, community outreach channels, and radio spots in partnership with Gaza’s ministry of education
- 40,000People were provided guidance on the dignified burial of the dead in partnership with the Ministry of Waqf
- 211Visits were conducted to 26 detention facilities in Israel holding over 95% of all Palestinian detainees, and 28 visits to 16 facilities in the West Bank and Gaza
- 34,450Surgical masks were distributed to detention facilities long with hygiene items, disinfection PPE sets, cleaning materials, additional handwashing points, and 4,900 liters of chlorine
- 354,000Pairs of latex gloves as well as 119,000 surgical masks, 24,000 protective gowns, 59,000 surgical caps, 6,947 face shields and 60 non-contact thermometers, in addition to 1,960 units of hand disinfection solution.
- 140Water facilities were repaired as well as 36 heavy machines and rehabilitation of water and wastewater networks serving 90% of the Gaza Strip population