11-02-2015 Job Opportunity Ref. fd-admin
As an administrator you are the backbone of the office, the glue that binds everyone and everything together. By heading the finance & administration department of the office(s) you are assigned to, you play a vital role in running the office in an efficient manner, contributing to the smooth implementation of ICRC’s operations and providing management support to the various operational departments.
In your capacity as chief of the finance & administration department, you are responsible for managing ICRC’s finances and budget, providing adequate premises and services of the internal travel department. In smaller structures the human resource management of our locally recruited staff may also be part of your responsibilities.
Your main tasks
You ensure proper financial management within the offices under your responsibility in line with ICRC policies and procedures as well as with operational requirements; you coach your finance team members and peers in sound financial management. The accounting department works under your supervision; you coordinate establishment of the budget and/or contribute to its establishment, you manage the budget, approve expenses and provide financial analysis as well as expenditure forecasts in close cooperation with other departments and the management. You approve and may negotiate contracts, determine and justify needs of premises in line with institutional policies and adapt the premises setup accordingly; you help to improve living and working conditions as well as propose and provide appropriate passive security measures. By supervising the internal travel department you make sure that staff travels are organized in a reliable and efficient way.
• ideal age: 26 to 45
• prepared to accept unaccompanied postings for the first two missions (minimum 12 months each)
• excellent command of English, French an asset
• university degree or equivalent in economics, finance or management
• a minimum of 2 to 3 years of professional experience in finance, management or HR
• driving licence (for manual transmission vehicles)
• fully conversant with IT tools
• strongly motivated by humanitarian work
• open-minded and adaptable
• responsible and well-organized, solution oriented
• capable of running a team – natural leadership qualities – interest in diversity management
• propensity for working with numbers and for management
• good at both listening to others and maintaining confidentiality, intercultural skills
• excellent ability to work in a team and under pressure in a potentially dangerous environment
What we offer
• an opportunity to practise your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural environment
• a training course prior to departure (6 weeks)
• access to further in-house and/or external training
• generous social benefits