Facts and figures
18-01-2013 Facts and Figures
During 2012, the ICRC ...
- carried out 41 prison visits involving 3,500 prisoners, monitoring the cases of 242 of them individually;
- facilitated the transfer of 15 detainees following their release.
- supported Gao Hospital (which treated over 1,300 people in 2012) by making a seven-person medical/surgical team available and by providing medicines and other medical supplies;
- maintained the water supply for the 115,000 residents of Gao, Kidal and Tombouctou, by supplying diesel to run water-pumping stations;
- distributed food and other essential supplies to over 700,000 people in the regions of Gao, Timbuktu, Kidal and Mopti;
- supported the national vaccination campaign involving over 1.12 million animals, plus the treatment of almost 580,000 animals in the north.
- briefed over 600 members of the armed forces and armed groups on international humanitarian law.