The Regional IHL Department in Cairo would like to thank all those who have shown interest in the activities that aim to support and promote understanding and dialogue on IHL by contributing to the first Arabic writing competition on “War and Children”.
After reviewing 36 research papers from seven Arab countries conducted by university professors, MA, PhD, and BA students, and researchers, we are pleased to inform you that the deliberations of the jury, consisting of three IHL experts, have resulted in the selection of the following researches to win the prize:
- The first prize is shared equally between
- Dr. Ahmed Obais Alfatlawi from Iraq for his research "Children in the Time of War: An Analytical Legal Study on Curbing Serious Violations"
- Mr. Ehab Jamal Keseba From Syria for his research "Protecting Girls Against Forced Marriage in Armed Conflict"
- The second prize is shared equally between
- Ms. Lina Sboui from Tunisia for her research "War and Children"
- Ms. Yusra Hassouna from Palestine for her research “Recruitment of Children in Armed Conflicts - the Palestinian issue as a model”
On the other hand, the ICRC is considering the possibility of publishing the winning researches in one of its publications (book and / or magazine)